Oh man, I really miss hearing that!
When Sila wrote in her blog about the new football season, it did hit a few nerves. Mostly mine. Positively. :)
I don’t play sports that much. But I can say that I’m a fan of a few. Like ice hockey, Formula 1, American football, baseball… Unfortunately the coverage on these sports (except for F1) is miniscule on this side of the world. They stopped showing ice hockey on cable awhile ago. And there’s like a couple of baseball games shown in the weekend, and they’re mostly the Yankees games. Staying in New England during my college years has taught me to hate New York teams. He he
[American] football
- Back in college, Azi and I would buy a 12-pack Coke and some Ruffles or Lays from CVS or Store24, and we’d be set for the whole day of Sunday. Ha ha, those were the day
- When the Patriots won the SuperBowls, I actually took the Mondays off to watch on telly. I even got Sila’s help to get me a few Pats and Red Sox shirts.
Ahhh… If I didn’t start following F1 when I came back in 98, I may have more hair on my head right now. LOL. I rooted for Hakkinen then. Now’s it all about Kimi. God knows what comes out of Kimi’s mouth. :D Kimi better start winning some races, man…
Ice hockey
- I tried my best not to miss the hockey home games when I was in college. The best spot was behind the goalie. It was soooo much fun taunting the visiting team’s goalie *LOL*
- My friend Stef once caught the puck that went over the net. Know what he did? He handed it over me without hesitating. Cool huh. He said it was for my last few home games. I still keep it to this very day.
- I wonder when the Boston Bruins will win the Stanley Cup…
Baseball
I got to see the Red Sox played at Fenway once. And that was during our commencement weekend. I should have been to more BoSox games. Oh well...
Basketball
I have nothing much to comment. It’s not the same after Jordan retired…
And to end the post...
Let’s go Red Sox! Let’s go Pats! Let's go Bears! :)
When Sila wrote in her blog about the new football season, it did hit a few nerves. Mostly mine. Positively. :)
I don’t play sports that much. But I can say that I’m a fan of a few. Like ice hockey, Formula 1, American football, baseball… Unfortunately the coverage on these sports (except for F1) is miniscule on this side of the world. They stopped showing ice hockey on cable awhile ago. And there’s like a couple of baseball games shown in the weekend, and they’re mostly the Yankees games. Staying in New England during my college years has taught me to hate New York teams. He he
[American] football
- Back in college, Azi and I would buy a 12-pack Coke and some Ruffles or Lays from CVS or Store24, and we’d be set for the whole day of Sunday. Ha ha, those were the day
- When the Patriots won the SuperBowls, I actually took the Mondays off to watch on telly. I even got Sila’s help to get me a few Pats and Red Sox shirts.
- The long walk to the Brown stadium never deterred me much. Too bad I wasn’t there when Brown won the Ivy League title in 2005. I could have joined those people who took down the goal post and brought it all the way to on-campus. :D
Formula 1Ahhh… If I didn’t start following F1 when I came back in 98, I may have more hair on my head right now. LOL. I rooted for Hakkinen then. Now’s it all about Kimi. God knows what comes out of Kimi’s mouth. :D Kimi better start winning some races, man…
Ice hockey
- I tried my best not to miss the hockey home games when I was in college. The best spot was behind the goalie. It was soooo much fun taunting the visiting team’s goalie *LOL*
- My friend Stef once caught the puck that went over the net. Know what he did? He handed it over me without hesitating. Cool huh. He said it was for my last few home games. I still keep it to this very day.
- I wonder when the Boston Bruins will win the Stanley Cup…
Baseball
I got to see the Red Sox played at Fenway once. And that was during our commencement weekend. I should have been to more BoSox games. Oh well...
Basketball
I have nothing much to comment. It’s not the same after Jordan retired…
And to end the post...
Let’s go Red Sox! Let’s go Pats! Let's go Bears! :)
vin tak suka ice hockey so we don't watch that. besides you know i just enjoy all the violence in ice hockey - sapa menang pun tak kisah as long as somebody's bleeding at the end of the game! :D but i've gotten hooked onto baseball. siap tengok every playoff game the year the Red Sox menang!! go Sox! go Pats! go Bears! go Cubs! :D
ReplyDeleteWah, jelesnya (when you actually saw ALL the games Red Sox won until the World Series)...
ReplyDeleteYay, Pats won their first game... and what a statement it was!