I watched a tattoo show

Well, not THAT tattoo... But it was the KL International Tattoo show, a military tattoo held in conjunction with the 50th Independence of Malaysia.

By the time we got to Stadium Merdeka at 8:15ish pm on Friday nite, the stadium was almost full. Did these people come like at 5 or something? :D We found some seats opposite the grand stand, so most of the times we were facing the backs of the bands. He he.

Mid way into the show, right after the Pacific Fleet Ceremonial Band from USA made their performance, rain came pouring down and dampened the show. 'Drenched' would be more appropriate. Luckily we came prepared with some raincoats. Nonetheless, the show must go on... and it did. I take my hats off to the bands (esp the French, Korean & the Philippines) and to the audience, whom got soaked really bad.

Some pictures from the show...


Banner - 01Banner - 02Gerak Tempur Tanpa SenjataView of the stadiumJordanian Armed Forces BandScottish band
Pacific Fleet Ceremonial Band, USARoyal Malaysian Navy Silent DrillMalaysian Armed Forces – Combined Pipes and Drums


... and to prove that I was really there :D


Personally, I'd say Brunei completely captivated the audience with their superb performance. Singapore and Malaysia would have come close in second place. I'm not saying that the others weren't any good. They were awesome in their own way, like the Scottish band with their bagpipes and the New Zealand Defence Force Maori Cultural Group with their Hakka dance. I'm glad I made the choice to watch the show ;)

Comments

  1. looks very exciting. too bad hujan... but your night time pictures are really quite nice. i meant to tell you that about your fireworks post from the other blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, makasih. Some were taken with my brother's Lumix at the tattoo show.

    I tried playing around with the aperture at the fireworks show. Hoping that some would turn out good. Luckily, some did! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment