Little Tag of Horror

Sila tagged me for this meme. This time I have to come up with 10 Scariest Movies that I've seen. Don't be surprise if some (if not all) of the movies are being listed or mentioned in Sila's or SA's, because they are THAT good.


My list of scary movies would be:
1. Scary Movie. This movie made me cry. It was frakking hilarious. :D
2. Any horror movies that starred
Bruce Campbell, such as Army of Darkness ha ha ha.
3. Old chinese vampire movies, where the vampires will hop around or fly in search of victims. They'll stand still if they have paper with chinese religious scriptures pinned to their foreheads. There was this scene I can still remember, where the vampire was trying his hardest to blow away the paper. Once he managed to do that, off he went to continue terrorizing the neighbourhood. Yeah, those comedy vampire movies are superb.

Okay, okay. I confess, these are not scary movies per se. :D


Most of the movies I shall be listing down are those from my teens. When you're young, I guess you can be excused for being afraid. he he he. Of course, there are even scarier movies right now. Just the other day, I saw the trailer for 30 Days of Night. I have to say, it does look freaky.

Anyhow, the 10 Scariest Movies that I've seen, or at least tried recalling, and in no particular order are:


1. Korean/Japanese ghost stories. They're all good. But since they use almost similar pale female ghosts with long black hair covering most of their faces, I can't differentiate which is which. There was one time I was watching one of those movies alone in my room, they were showing the CCTV footage of the toilet door at the end of the corridor. Then a pale female ghost with long black hair covering most of her face (of course) came out of the toilet and started walking slooowwly walking down the corridor towards the camera. After what seemed like ages (okay, I exaggerated.. he he) she was no longer in the sight of the camera. 10 seconds later she appeared right in front of the camera. Blinking her eyes. Oh man, she almost made me jump out of my bed. Hahaha.


2. Friday the 13th. I don't think I've watched the entire series, but there are a few scenes I could recall. How about the one with Freddy Krueger making a puppet out of a person using his veins, or the one in which he ate a pizza with humans as toppings? If only I could use the excuse "I can't go to bed because I'm afraid of Freddy Krueger killing me in my sleep" to my parents when I was a kid. :D


3. The Shining. Red rum, red rum. What more can I say? :)


4. The Exorcist. I like what SA wrote, "This was a real head spinner of a movie"

5. Poltergeist. Nuff said. ;)

6. Blair Witch Project. I saw this movie before I got lost in the woods in Pangkor Island. he he. So, when I did get lost in the jungle, flashes of the movie were playing in my head. I watched the movie at sun down, so it did give an extra eerie feeling to the movie.

7. Halloween. :)


8. The Exorcism of Emily Rose. When I was in boarding school (yes, just like Sila's school, was built after graves were exhumed), I kept hearing stories of students kena tindih ("laid ontop of you"? or how Science explained it as "sleep paralysis"?). So, does the scene in the movie has some truth in it?


9. The Omen. That boy really needed some spanking. hehe


10. It. Yes, I know. Althoughit didn't show the actual killings, I guess it allowed your own imaginary to fill in the gaps. Of course, I don't have to worry about Coulrophobia ;)

Other movies like Nang Nak (Thai) and Rahsia (old Malay movie) came close behind...

Okay now, I'm handling the batons over to:

1. A.Z.Haida

2. Acik Cah

3. imkaa

4. Shay

5. Yani


Comments

  1. Don't forget Bubba Ho-Tep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyoo.. later ok or not? but will do this insya Allah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. allllllllllllla gatai la hang nie...tag citer2 seram...knowing yg aku mmg tak nah tgk citer2 seram..except for scary movie series...nyampessssssss

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tak tengok pun Blair Witch - takutttttt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bg hisham: alamak, i may have missed this one. kena cari ni... :)

    a.z: eh, no prob.

    shay: hahaha. kalau ko nak letak tom n' jerry atau road runner tu pun ok gak. asalkan "scary" buat ko. :D

    sila: boleh tengok dgn Vin. peluk dia kuat2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. chacks.. i tagged u blk.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe..jgn mare arr.. btw.. minat gk eak tgk citer hantu ni? takut wooo..:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment