Guess what...
- I picked up 2 books from the bookstore - Anthony Bourdain No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach & Robert Ludlum's (TM) The Bourne Betrayal by Eric Van Lustbader. Amazing isn't it? It's been some time since I last read a non-technical book. Besides, I'm more of a tv-movie person you know ;) I'm up to North America (just after halfway point) in the former. The tons of pictures in the book really helped with the quick reading. He he he. Ok, most of you out there would probably deem it as a picture book, but that's fine. It gives a little bit more insight to the series on telly. As for the latter, hopefully I'd get to it once I finish reading No Reservations. I actually read all 3 Bourne books by Ludlum back in early 2000's, way before the movie adaptations came out. When Matt Damon was casted as Jason Bourne, I wasn't quite sure if he could pull it off. Jason Bourne is a master of disguise, but I didn't see that got portrayed in the movies so much. Still, I enjoyed them... :)
- I got myself a new watch! Yay! he he. It's not a Rolex or Tag Hauer, but I'm quite happy with it. It's been ages since I owned one. I usually don't make new year resolutions because I end up not fulfilling them, but I'll make 2008 a year to pamper myself :)
- I just came back from a jog at a nearby newly opened park. Yet another first after a long absent. Hopefully it won't be the last. :D The park's missing a lake, but it's quite spacious to fit in a children's playground and roughly about 3 football fields ligned up next to each other. Perhaps when I go to KLCC (the mall at the twin towers) tomorrow to watch AVP2 with my sister and her hubby, I'll bring along my squash rackets to be restrung. Man, I forgot when I last played the sport!
- In keeping up with the theme, on Christmas Day, I met Restu and her friend, Sri for the first time... in 2007. He he. That works too right? They are here for the holidays, so I just have to see them. Oh, Ida & Farid were also with us at Alamanda Shopping Mall (in Putrajaya). :D
Okay, that's all for now... Time to get back to my tv, err books I mean... LOL!
i read Kitchen Confidential (Anthony Bourdain) a few months ago. his writing style is cool - easy to read. :)
ReplyDeletei also read the Bourne books in the late 80s ;)
happy new year atukku!
maybe i'll read Kitchen Confidential next ;)
ReplyDeletehappy new year to you too.
minggu depan pulak (10 jan) awal muharram lak. another new year! :)