"Oh kome, deghoyan dah berbunge"

The title is taken from one of the well known song from my childhood. It means "Hey you guys, the durian trees are flowering". More on that later... ;)

Monday, 7-Apr.
Today I took a day off from work to run some errands. One of them were to visit the JPJ (DMV-equivalent) to get my international driver permit. I can now cross that off from my list. Yay!

It's my dad's birthday today. My eldest brother sent out a mass sms to our siblings asking if anybody could take some time off from
work to surprise dad at kampung. Since I've settled my errands by mid day, I agreed. So I met up my brother at Sogo and we got some cakes and Mickey D's for the 3 of us. He he he, yeah Mickey D. Dad does crave for it sometimes. :)

It felt good to surprise dad and cheer him up even for a couple of hours. Mom's in KL to help out my brother while he's getting a replacement maid.

Good thing kampung is just one and a half hours away in Melaka, so it wasn't a big deal to go back on the spur of the moment. Even so, it's been some time since I've been back and stayed for a night or two. Tsk tsk tsk. But I did drop by for a few hours at times, so it still counts. he he he.


But in 2-3 months time, I'll have tons of good reasons to balik kampung . Insya-Allah. I'll show you what I mean.

Cherry blossom, I mean, rambutans... :)




Mangosteens







Durians...
These haven't blossomed yet. Harap2
melekat le. Insya-Allah.






According to mom and dad, these stamen (or are they stigma? anyone?) of the durian flowers could be cooked like the taugeh (
beansprouts). But we never had them in our household.


We didn't want to be left behind in the dragon fruit-craze. :)


Sunday, 6-Apr
In the late afternoon, it rained cats and dogs and whatever animals you can think of. And before the rain hit our area, we experienced blackout or power outage. With no electricity and with all the rain+lightning+thunder, I was bored to death. So I took these pictures of the Kerayong River behind my house.

Thank God, electricity came back right before the F1 drivers went on their warm up lap.


rising..


and rising...


The river at its normal water level...

Comments

  1. alamak...i don't think the moktan or manggis or deghoyan will be ready for you to smuggle in next month...? ;)

    dah bertahun-tahun i tak makan manggis - i never seem to come home in manggis season for some reason.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. a'ah, my dad said it'd be like 3 months till they're ripe.

    chinatown sure ada tu kalau nak ilangkan cravings. speaking of which, did you go thru any weird cravings so far? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing too weird really - sometimes i want pizza (very unlike me) and i do like eating apples or applesauce these days (also very unlike me). but nothing crazy! yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tengok the pics rasa mcm nak balik mesia sekarang juga, hehehe... musim buah apa oktober nanti? (since i'm going back in late september, insya Allah...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sila: itu taste anak mat saleh tu, i.e. vin's side. he he

    azra: kalau balik sekrg, mkn bunga aje le. he he. not too sure bulan sept apa. tp knowing m'sia, musim durian pun lain2 gak

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's just what my parents say too.. heheheh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo i'm more curious on the reasons to balik kampung often in another few months... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lil: hey, hey, hey... don't let your mind wondering too far. :D excuses as in durian, manggis, rambutan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well when it's all cryptic and my brain has been a string of ACTG lately, it's easy to wander far faaaarr away... :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment