what now?

  • Mahathir told me over breakfast that TUDM (the Airforce) is organizing a half marathon in conjunction with their 50th anniversary celebration. When I checked out their website, tagline is Experience running on the "aircraft Runway". :) The start/finish line is on the tarmac. Woah, that'd be cool... Unfortunately I'll be at my school’s reunion that weekend.

  • After crossing the finishing line on Sunday, several people were handing out brochures for upcoming running events.

    • One of them would be the Jogathon Warison. They will assemble at the Kwong Thong (Chinese) cemetery at 7am! What a place to be at. he he. My friends were commenting that they should have it at midnite instead. People will have the drive to run faster. :D

    • The second one is the Siemens 10K Run, which will be held in July. Their tagline is I'm running for ... you! Mahathir's immediate reaction was "I didn't know that they have this kind of service" *LOL* basically he was saying, if there was such service in KLIM'08, he'd definitely get someone to run for him. he he he.

      But seriously, the idea behind the Siemens Run is to pledge and dedicate your run for a good cause, or any cause for that matter. ;)

  • My colleagues were skype-ing and discussing our next set of actions. While we are still passionate about running and all, we feel that we should take advantage of it. It'd be a long wait to run a half-marathon in next year's KLIM. A couple of events that we did talk about were the Penang Bridge run and the Lion City Marathon :)

    Unfortunately, I'll be away for most of May, so that would ruin my training regime (if there is one). I doubt I'll be spending time running in the States. Walking around, yes. Running or jogging? Err, don't think so. On top of that, I may be stuffing my face while I'm there too... he he he.

Note: Calendar of events that can be found at the Pacesetters' website

Comments

  1. that's the way dude! make running as a part of your life. it is fun and you actually know where you are heading when you set to participate in any running event. after running in one event you'll crave for another one...and for a tougher challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - we have a treadmill in the basement so if you want to take a bit of time a day to keep up your training while visiting us, that's no problem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. topek: well, that's the plan. see how lah. he he he.

    sila: aisey, baru nak buat alasan gi US tak yah jogging2. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's true, interruptions make it hard to get back to training after that... still, it's doable so go zarin gooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't get too montel in the States, and consistency is important when you take up running,
    so run zarin, run... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your encouragement guys!

    yeah, going to start running again this week... jom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kekekkee... alah, it's in the basement so can be "out of sight, out of mind" if you like. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment