Day 10: Take me out to the ball game

He he. I'm churning out blogposts like there's no tomorrow. Well, I should. God knows what's waiting for me when I turn up at the office on Monday. And I'm afraid I may miss out any crucial point in my posting(s). Btw, you could also check out Sila's blog on my visit to Ohio.

By the time I came downstairs, Vin already came home with the grocery and Ben&Jerry ice creams! I got a whole pint of Karamel Sutra. :D Sila prepared us yummy American breakfast - beef bacon, eggs, garlic bread - and a tad of Asian flavor... chilli sauce. Ha ha.

In the afternoon, we left for Cincinnati to watch the Reds host the Cleveland Indians. Since I'm a Red Sox fan, I was rooting for the Reds because the Indians are in the same league as the Red Sox.

Almost there!


Part of Cincinnati's skyline


The Great American Ballpark


This was only the second time I've been to an actual ballpark. Fenway was my first. And that was like a week before graduation in '98 when my class organized a trip to Fenway during Senior Week. Man, I should have been to more.


Sila and I. We were there quite early. he he. And those were great seats by the way.


How many people do you need to water the ballpark?
I couldn't quite explain what was going on, and I won't even try. Sila, could you?



Oh the horror! For God's sake, they're just children!


Grady Sizemore batted against Adam Harang. He flew out to LF (F7) in the first inning.


More of the ballpark



My sad attempt at photostitching.


Vin and I after the game. We actually left after the 7th inning when the score was tied at 1-1 because Vin himself has a baseball game the next day. The Reds eventually won it 4-2.


At night, I started working on my Karamel Sutra. Good stuff! But the days when I could finish a pint at one go were long gone :)

Sila, this is the fate of my Brandon Philips 30/30 bobblehead I got from the game. :'(
I took it out of the box because it was taking a lot of space in my luggage. And the fact that he's still smiling makes it more painful to watch. Sorry Brandon...


Comments

  1. omg, 12 people to water the ballpark? and that's after they scooped up some wet earth. pelik betul!! i love that shot of the poor kids being "watered"... kekekeke

    hey, at least your photostitch isn't red like mine! :P

    alamak..brandon bobblehead.. when's the funeral? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. brandon bobblehead (or bobblehead brandon) may head over (pun intended) to surgery. we'll see. :)

    yet the kids kept on playing. like titanic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. saja jek highlight kan karamel sutra tu jek..hahaha

    at first aku ingat karma sutra...baru nak komen "way to go dude!" haha opss tersalah sudahh..

    more like choppedhead than bobblehead...

    uwaaa aku rendu nak p balik US...

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor brandon (and yeah, you are churning out posts like nobody's business! :P)

    i enjoy them though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment