I woke up, showered, dressed up, ate breakfast, got online for a bit and left for Providence (my hotel was in Warwick). Now that reunion registration wouldn't start until noon, I headed for Providence Place to get some stuff for the family. Kang tak ngaku family lak (Else, my family will disown me) :)
I spent a fair amount of time in the women's department at Macy's. Buying handbags for a mom and 2 younger sisters was never an easy task. Even the lady behind the cash register noticed and asked if I needed some kind of help. I bet the people watching the security cameras did too! *LOL*
Timeless Providence downtown. Taken from inside of the car while stopping at the traffic light :)

Couldn't get enough of Providence Place

Taken from inside the mall

Prospect Park

Roger Williams statue at Prospect Park

One site on the internet states that it is the statue of Roger Williams doing the macarena. he he

Stepping foot on campus after a 10-year absence was a bit surreal. Sure, there were obvious changes. Yet there were certain things that stayed pretty much the same over the years. Perhaps I'll scan some pictures from my photo album and compare them with the ones I took at my 10th. That may come later...
Anyway, what is reunion without reuniting with your friends, right? So, I got to meet up and hang out with a bunch of close friends. Yayyy!!! It also reminded me that I didn't know lots of people. He he. I'm sure I did bump into most them on campus or they were friends of friends, but I didn't know them personally. Almost everytime I read the classnotes in the monthly alumni magazine, I'll be like, "Who?" :D
Amazingly I did meet quite a handful of people from Perkins, my freshman year dorm. Perkins is a 3-floor building located at the edge of Brown campus that at every mention of it, people would offer their sympathy. :P But since it's farther away and a smaller dorm, we were sort of a close-knit community. Having lived there for a year, it wasn't that far. :P
Map to show in which universe Perkins Hall is located in

The Main Green was ready for Campus Dance



The Faunce House

Campus Dance. To be respectful to the other attendees, I stayed away from the dance floor. :)


The University Hall

Campus Dance ended sometime after 1 in the morning. But we lingered around campus after that, supposedly looking for after parties. Ha ha. People were getting a bit rowdy on Thayer Street, especially when the police started ordering the shops to close down.
I didn't get back to my hotel until like 3. And we have like a class breakfast that would start in 4 hours' time. :D
Till tomorrow then...
I spent a fair amount of time in the women's department at Macy's. Buying handbags for a mom and 2 younger sisters was never an easy task. Even the lady behind the cash register noticed and asked if I needed some kind of help. I bet the people watching the security cameras did too! *LOL*
Timeless Providence downtown. Taken from inside of the car while stopping at the traffic light :)
Couldn't get enough of Providence Place
Taken from inside the mall
Prospect Park
Roger Williams statue at Prospect Park
One site on the internet states that it is the statue of Roger Williams doing the macarena. he he
Stepping foot on campus after a 10-year absence was a bit surreal. Sure, there were obvious changes. Yet there were certain things that stayed pretty much the same over the years. Perhaps I'll scan some pictures from my photo album and compare them with the ones I took at my 10th. That may come later...
Anyway, what is reunion without reuniting with your friends, right? So, I got to meet up and hang out with a bunch of close friends. Yayyy!!! It also reminded me that I didn't know lots of people. He he. I'm sure I did bump into most them on campus or they were friends of friends, but I didn't know them personally. Almost everytime I read the classnotes in the monthly alumni magazine, I'll be like, "Who?" :D
Amazingly I did meet quite a handful of people from Perkins, my freshman year dorm. Perkins is a 3-floor building located at the edge of Brown campus that at every mention of it, people would offer their sympathy. :P But since it's farther away and a smaller dorm, we were sort of a close-knit community. Having lived there for a year, it wasn't that far. :P
Map to show in which universe Perkins Hall is located in

The Main Green was ready for Campus Dance
The Faunce House
Campus Dance. To be respectful to the other attendees, I stayed away from the dance floor. :)
The University Hall
Campus Dance ended sometime after 1 in the morning. But we lingered around campus after that, supposedly looking for after parties. Ha ha. People were getting a bit rowdy on Thayer Street, especially when the police started ordering the shops to close down.
I didn't get back to my hotel until like 3. And we have like a class breakfast that would start in 4 hours' time. :D
Till tomorrow then...
wah..providence place mall benefited from you going to the reunion! :D
ReplyDeletei forgot that your freshman dorm was keceruk mana, just like mine was too. remember Greenough? not even in the Yard. kekekeke
looks like you had a fun campus dance. should have gone out there and danced lah! ;)
1. he he, yes they did
ReplyDelete2. eh mesti la ingat Greenough. i bunked in (at least) once. :D
3. dancing? joget lambak can lah. ha ha.