Day 18: Commencement Procession

The last day of reunion...

The main event of the day was the Commencement Procession (at least for us alumni), where we would march from the Main Green, through the Van Winkle Gates and down College Hill. Of course, there are other specifics like the alumni would line up on both sides of College Street and the graduating seniors would march through the alumni ranks. Then it would be the alumni's turn to march pass the graduating seniors.
You may read further details about it here.

with Alicia before the procession started



with Ana


the 10th year alums waiting for their turn



Malaysia was represented. Yeah! :) But I'm not too sure if there was any graduating senior from Malaysia.


Heading towards the Van Winkle Gates, which only swing open twice a year - "
inward to admit incoming students and outward to discharge the degree candidates"



"Doff your caps" - you can't really see the sign clearly in this pic



The other alumni cheering us on


The banner



Class of 98 taking their places


More from the class of 98



Once we were at our places, we cheered for the graduating seniors, post-graduates and so forth...

The seniors; class of '08


Then it was the alumni's turn to walk pass the graduating seniors



The seniors (class of '08) cheering us on





After the procession ended, I dropped by at the Ratty kitchen for the last time to take pictures with the people I've worked with during my college years.

Henry and Vivi


with John


with Steve and Liz



with Loui. Another BoSox fan. :)



In the afternoon, I drove to Wareham, MA to take up on Stef's offer to hang out by the beach, at Cynthia's grandmother's house.

On the I-195


I see water!


The road to Cynthia's grandmother's house. Before reaching the house, I needed to drive on a dirt road and through the woods. I'm telling you, it was like THE perfect setting for Malay ghost stories. he he.



Great views. Of course, you need to be out of your mind to take a dip in the cold water



I returned to Providence at dusk. I can't stay for the night because I had some packing to do. What did I tell you? Fun time is over... quickly!

Comments

  1. now i'm green with envy... wish i could have made my 10th reunion..:( looks like you had a good time, processing, then going back to your old campus job. then the beach house looked cool too. very full day! :)

    maybe i'll make it to the 15th or the 20th reunion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's ok Sila. you're still in the same country. he he he.

    yeah, it was really great to meet up with friends. too bad the weekend went quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment