Don't belok-belok

This is an ad that I saw on tv, and I find it amusing every time it appears on tv. I haven't found it on YouTube (yet), so until then, a copy taken on my mobile phone should do.

I like the "Don't belok-belok" part.

In the the earlier part of the commercial, the guys at the back seats were teasing this one student for reading NST, a local English paper. Then a minah saleh got on the bus and wanted to ask for direction from these students.


Minah saleh (MS): Excuse me, can
you tell me the nearest stop to the National Monument?

"Bullies", collaboratively:
Mende dia cakap? (What did she say?)

Rumah Makcik Maimun kot? (Auntie Maimun's house, perhaps?)

Mungkin, mungkin
(Maybe)

Dia nak cari <...> kot?
(Probably she's looking for a <... - can't hear that well>)

Gila kau dia nak cari binatang buat apa. Dia nak cari manusia.
(Are you out of your mind? She's not looking for an animal. She's looking for a person)

MS: National Monument

Main guy: Biar aku cakap. (Let me speak)
You straight. You don't belok-belok. Straight aje. Don't belok-belok. (Just go straight. Don't make any turns)

Other friends: Yes, no, thank you, alright. Come back again later.

"Bullied" guy: Miss, I can help you. 3 stops away, after you get down and you follow the signboard.

BG: Apa la wei. National Monument pun tak tahu. Tugu negara la. Tu la, suruh belajar tak nak belajar. Kalau korang baca NST, senang dapat kerja.
(I can't believe it. You guys don't even know 'National Monument'? You've been told to study. If you read the NST, you can get jobs easily)
-------------

okay, the last line is a bit cheesy. I give you that. But the part where they tried to figure out what the minah saleh was saying, was funny as hell. At least to me. ha ha.

Comments

  1. kah kah kah kah kah... :D

    next time i go to the national monument, i oso won't belok-belok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mamat tu confident giler. tu yg lawak gile tu. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. bagus la line tu..sebab skrip dia tak skima aa...cam ckp biasa2 jek...siap wat cup cup cup bila nampak minah salleh tu naik bas...ahaha kerek gila..ala2 mamat rempitnya style ngorat awek...

    ini macam kalu, kalau aku selalu baca tamil nesan, pandai skiping tamil la kan..lama2..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. betul tu shay... skrip & lakonan diaorg real. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment