Day 19: The trip home :(

It's the last day of a FUN trip. *sigh*

In the morning I met up with Vijay, a Brown alum, who's just joined Brown as International Advancement Officer. He's responsible for the Middle East and the Asia regions, so he wanted to gain some insight on Brown Alumni in Malaysia. Or whatever I could since there was only a handful of us (those whom I know of at least). :)

The Main Green - The aftermath.


The Brown Bear.


Carrie Tower.


The closed Van Winkle Gates


Another shot of the University Hall


Then I went to Seekonk, MA to get some more Kisses and Nerds from Walmart since there was a little bit more space in my luggage. :D Luckily for me, my luggage didn't multiply. Well, there was no need because I didn't do much shopping. ;)

So it was time to check out and leave for the airport.
(Sila, you were right! The Dyson Airblade was awesome. They also had them at Providence Place)

I left PVD at 1700 ET 26-May, and arrived at KUL at 1200 MYT 28-May. 31 hours of traveling time in total. LAX to TPE felt like a breeze. Well, I did sleep through it for most of the time. :D But the 4 hours of flight from TPE to KUL felt like an eternity.

I pretty much stayed home until the weekends. I just left the house for Friday prayer and to attend a relative's wedding on Saturday. He he. My jetlag wasn't that bad actually. It was just me being malas (lazy). Besides it was quite hot and humid during the day. Cewah! :D

So it's now time for me to calculate the damage. Don't know when I'd get to go back. It did put a dent in my savings, but I had a really, really, really enjoyable trip. Can't you tell from my postings? :) That's what really matters.

Perhaps I should try and do some sightseeing in the Asian region. So far, I've only covered Singapore (which I only visited once, and that was last year. For training). *LOL*

Comments

  1. nice campus pics, zarin :)

    and yeah, that dyson airblade thing rocks! hehehehe...

    all good things must come to an end, i suppose. but you can always come back again. you know you're always welcome with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i hope i'd get to visit you guys again some time in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brown certainly does not change... like, at all :p
    which will be nice come the time for my class reunion. no memories if there's too much changes, kan?

    -fatma-

    p/s: buah yang lelebih tu, hantar la bandar tasek selatan sikit :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment