Surprise, surprise... I went back to my kampung last weekend. :)
Durian dah nak habis. (There were only few durians left on the trees). My dad even saved me this one superb durian in the fridge. he he.
Manggis boleh tahan dalam 2 minggu lagi rasanya (The mangosteens may last for another 2 weeks).
First you scout for the ripe ones.

Then you take your galah (bamboo pole) and reach for them. You may need to maneuver your pole to get direct access to the fruits.

If they're small enough, you can grab more than one

Mom was not feeling well for a few days. So she didn't get to go out and pluck some manggis. So these (see below picture) were the ones that fell to the ground - just for a single tree. They were not suitable to be sold because of the bruises on the skin. But most of them were still good to be eaten right there and then or by our own household.
Sayang...

On Sunday, I lent my brother a hand with the moving and stuff. So it was a no brainer that I was dead tired by the end of the day.
So guess where I'll be at this weekend? He he he. I have to help out as much as I can, right? I'll also ask my brother if he needs help with anything.
Durian dah nak habis. (There were only few durians left on the trees). My dad even saved me this one superb durian in the fridge. he he.
Manggis boleh tahan dalam 2 minggu lagi rasanya (The mangosteens may last for another 2 weeks).
First you scout for the ripe ones.
Then you take your galah (bamboo pole) and reach for them. You may need to maneuver your pole to get direct access to the fruits.
If they're small enough, you can grab more than one
Mom was not feeling well for a few days. So she didn't get to go out and pluck some manggis. So these (see below picture) were the ones that fell to the ground - just for a single tree. They were not suitable to be sold because of the bruises on the skin. But most of them were still good to be eaten right there and then or by our own household.
Sayang...
On Sunday, I lent my brother a hand with the moving and stuff. So it was a no brainer that I was dead tired by the end of the day.
So guess where I'll be at this weekend? He he he. I have to help out as much as I can, right? I'll also ask my brother if he needs help with anything.
mmmm manggis! yang jatuh jatuh tu sometimes lagi sweet dari yang dipetik! :) the outside doesn't always reflect the inside.
ReplyDeleteyup. sib baik i'm so-so with manggis. kalau tak. tak sempat manggis tu masuk baldi. :D
ReplyDelete