Looks like I'd be going to KM's wedding in Penang (or Seberang Perai rather) next month alone. I'm blaming it on the "logistics." :P hehehe...
Anyhoo... I managed to talk to KM earlier today asking for his help to book me a room. He also asked me whether I'd like to be his one of his heng tais (groom's men) for his wedding. I've never been to a Chinese wedding let alone become a heng tai.
So I googled it, and these are a couple of results that I was presented with:
KM tried to assure me by saying "[your] role is very simple only. The most bride of honour will ask you to eat banana and wasabi only la"
Not from what I saw! Gosh! So I sent him the links and he countered by stating "that one you show is [extreme] and too much la. mine very simple only" Are you sure? :D
The tea ceremony will be held on Sunday morning. I'm not sure if I'd be able to attend it, but I'll show up for dinner in the evening.
I've been the best man twice in Malay weddings. Once for my brother and the second one for my friend, Hakim. Allegedly, Hakim's friend didn't show up at the last minute so I have to fill the best man role (jadi bidan terjun la plak). Well, it was pretty straight forward. No crazy stuff there. :)
I wonder which of my friends are staying up north? I have to look them up...
Anyhoo... I managed to talk to KM earlier today asking for his help to book me a room. He also asked me whether I'd like to be his one of his heng tais (groom's men) for his wedding. I've never been to a Chinese wedding let alone become a heng tai.
So I googled it, and these are a couple of results that I was presented with:
- http://astherlau.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/wedding-day-heng-tais-chee-muis/
- http://www.mywedding.com/dallasmelina/gallery_93286_3.html
KM tried to assure me by saying "[your] role is very simple only. The most bride of honour will ask you to eat banana and wasabi only la"
Not from what I saw! Gosh! So I sent him the links and he countered by stating "that one you show is [extreme] and too much la. mine very simple only" Are you sure? :D
The tea ceremony will be held on Sunday morning. I'm not sure if I'd be able to attend it, but I'll show up for dinner in the evening.
I've been the best man twice in Malay weddings. Once for my brother and the second one for my friend, Hakim. Allegedly, Hakim's friend didn't show up at the last minute so I have to fill the best man role (jadi bidan terjun la plak). Well, it was pretty straight forward. No crazy stuff there. :)
I wonder which of my friends are staying up north? I have to look them up...
well... at my bro's wedding, one of his heng tais had to drink a glass of tea with tobasco in it...
ReplyDeleteit depends on the bride's friends i guess... i promise i was dissuading my friends from going extreme this year at our best friend's wedding... i was then accused of being too nice... /rolleyes
(i think living abroad made me a bit surprised at the extent some wedding games go)
it should be fun, zarin! i think you should do it :) you can asah your pantun skills maybe, in preparation? and eat some funky combinations? hehehe
ReplyDeleteand omg, let's go Red Sox!!!!!!!!
lil: haha, of course nobody wants to be accused of being too nice! It's all fun when it doesn't happen to you, right?
ReplyDeletesila: i don't think pantuns will be involved. :D
Game 7 baby!
yup! good thing as a girl, even if i'm someone from the groom's party, i will not be "tortured"... lol...
ReplyDeletego for it dude...!! it will be fun..!! welcome to Mesia... we are a multiracial country, and let's celebrate that....!! kalau kena dahsat2 tuh, taichi to your fren's other heng tai (pandai2 ler taichi while being kelako at the same time...)... prepare pantun omputeh kelako ker to taichi to other heng tais atau to respond to the bride side and show that you are a good sport....!! (I mean, nice rhythmy words that go together..., makes it sound good... tak ler sampai tahap rap... hehe...)
ReplyDeletekonpem lepas tuh lengloi2 Penang dtg meminang hang...!! hahaha...
come on...!! be a good sport and go for it....!!!
Go...!! go...!! go...!!
dari Dubai aku beri sokongan moral... I would definitely not want to miss the opportunity....
KK: yup, i'm going on saturday bcoz the tea ceremony is on sunday morning.
ReplyDeletebab2 horror tu semestinya maggi akan di-taichi. hehehe.