Balik-balik balik kampung...

Last weekend marked the upteenth time I went balik kampung this year... okay, I may have exaggerated it a little bit... considering the fact that it's only February. hehehe.

It started off when I sent my mom, brother and sister back early January. The next weekend my dad asked all of us to come back because he was preparing a makan-makan session for our eldest brother; He was leaving for OZ with his family the week after.

Me prentending to man the bbq station. hehehe. The squids, prawns and chicken were already gone by this time ;)


After sending off my brother, nephews and nieces at the airport the day before, it was time to send my parents and siblings back to Melaka.

See ya later bro! Maybe in Melbourne itself ;)


Going back this time has brought me some good news. Dian dah berbunge. It may rain in KL every other day, but rain was scarce at our kampung. So much so that it triggered the durian trees to start flowering. Well you know, the whole "Oh no! There's no water. I'm going to die, so I need to bear as many offstrings as I can"-kind of scenario :D Hopefully, the trees will make it through and give us a good if not great harvest again this year. Insya-Allah.

Durian flower buds


And for some sad news... our kaloi fish died. We had it even before my parents performed the Haj in 2003. We've been through together a lot. hehehe.

It was tad too big to be flushed down the toilet.

Comments

  1. bye bye bro! safe travels.

    also bye bye of a different kind to the ikan kaloi. i am so envious - deghoyan lagi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. deghoyan tu nampak aje selalu... still setahun sekali.. hehe. no signs of the manggis berbunga yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nanti export le ke melbourne hehehe .. org sini kata dorean sini mahal ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. fishy certainly was huge...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment