It has been almost 4 years since I last visited Langkawi. And now you know where I went missing to last week :)
I wanted to treat my family for cuti-cuti (holiday), so I figured Langkawi would be the best bet for some economical travel. My mom and sister could do some shopping and my youngest brother would appreciate the legends. And there are still a lot of things for the rest of us to do, especially sight-seeing and eating. ;)
Almost the same set of family members went this time around. The only differences were my youngest brother replaced my other younger brother and my brother-in-law came along.
My guess, most of you guys had gone to Langkawi before (at least the Malaysian readers), so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.
Some pictures from our last visit

Langkawi map taken from here.

We flew Bank Rakyat Airlines to Langkawi. Hehehe... just kidding. It was an AirAsia plane with Bank Rakyat livery.

The main activity on the second day was the 'island hopping' boat trip.
All smiles

Our first stop was 'Tasik Dayang Bunting' (Lake of the Pregnant Maiden).
How the island got its name

With mom and dad



Eagle feeding. This was when it started pouring. Oh well.

On the third day, we took the cable car ride up Gunung Mat Cincang (Mount Mat Cincang).
At the entrance of Oriental Village

In the gondola



On the sky bridge. When we were here in 2005, we couldn't see much because the bridge was engulfed by clouds.

I like this shot taken by my sis

My attempts at photo-stitching.


After taking the cable car ride, we headed towards Kuah town. On the way, we made a couple of stops - at Pantai Pasir Hitam (Black Sand Beach) and Tanjung Rhu.
With my sister at the Tanjung Rhu beach. The sun was practically directly above us, and there were some mad people basking under the hot sun at the nearby resort (not us of course). hehehe

Before checking out on the fourth and final day, we went to Telaga Tujuh (Seven Wells).
Some 600 steps to the top

Awek kesunyian (Lonely gal). Hehehe

I used the disposable waterproof camera for this picture. Notice the butterfly?

On the way down, we spent some time at the waterfall

Seronok giler

I didn't bother putting up pictures at the swimming pool and at the beach because they're a bit inappropriate. :D And no pictures were taken at meal times because we had our hands full. :)
Now I need to start planning for my next trip... ;)
I wanted to treat my family for cuti-cuti (holiday), so I figured Langkawi would be the best bet for some economical travel. My mom and sister could do some shopping and my youngest brother would appreciate the legends. And there are still a lot of things for the rest of us to do, especially sight-seeing and eating. ;)
Almost the same set of family members went this time around. The only differences were my youngest brother replaced my other younger brother and my brother-in-law came along.
My guess, most of you guys had gone to Langkawi before (at least the Malaysian readers), so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.
Some pictures from our last visit
Langkawi map taken from here.

We flew Bank Rakyat Airlines to Langkawi. Hehehe... just kidding. It was an AirAsia plane with Bank Rakyat livery.
The main activity on the second day was the 'island hopping' boat trip.
All smiles

Our first stop was 'Tasik Dayang Bunting' (Lake of the Pregnant Maiden).
How the island got its name

With mom and dad


Eagle feeding. This was when it started pouring. Oh well.

On the third day, we took the cable car ride up Gunung Mat Cincang (Mount Mat Cincang).
At the entrance of Oriental Village

In the gondola


On the sky bridge. When we were here in 2005, we couldn't see much because the bridge was engulfed by clouds.

I like this shot taken by my sis
My attempts at photo-stitching.


After taking the cable car ride, we headed towards Kuah town. On the way, we made a couple of stops - at Pantai Pasir Hitam (Black Sand Beach) and Tanjung Rhu.
With my sister at the Tanjung Rhu beach. The sun was practically directly above us, and there were some mad people basking under the hot sun at the nearby resort (not us of course). hehehe

Before checking out on the fourth and final day, we went to Telaga Tujuh (Seven Wells).
Some 600 steps to the top

Awek kesunyian (Lonely gal). Hehehe

I used the disposable waterproof camera for this picture. Notice the butterfly?

On the way down, we spent some time at the waterfall
Seronok giler
I didn't bother putting up pictures at the swimming pool and at the beach because they're a bit inappropriate. :D And no pictures were taken at meal times because we had our hands full. :)
Now I need to start planning for my next trip... ;)
wooo the seronok giler pic memang nampak seronok gila!!!! :)
ReplyDeletealso the sky bridge looks quite gayat!
nice holiday! and can you believe, i tak pernah gi langkawi? like, ever?
definitely! with ample rain fall, lagi byk air.
ReplyDeletewell, i can utter the same thing when it comes to perhentian or redang. bila la nak gi ni?
seronoknye ... next time sama2 gi kuching or kk?
ReplyDeletebg Kamal... best gak gi kuching or KK
ReplyDeletebestnyer... tak sabar nak naik Bank Rakyat Airline bulan 7 nih hehehehe...
ReplyDelete