21k. larat ke ni?

The Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2009 is only 2 weeks away. I managed to register myself for the half-marathon run a week before all 12,500 running spots were taken up.

Last year, I had completed a 10k distance a couple of times before the event so it boosted my confidence for the 10k event. The extra motivation for me was to be one of the first 500 runners to cross the finish line. And I did just that, with 30 runners to spare. Woohoo. :)

This year, it's totally a different story. The farthest I've run this year was a mere 12k. That's only half distance of the goal. And it doesn't help that I got bitten by the flu bug last week. As of today, I'm still not back to my 100%. I'll be going back to my hometown tomorrow, and to be presented with durians at every meal time would just delay my recovery. hehehe. How could I say no to durians? :)

At first my target was to complete the run sub 2hrs 30min. Right now
, I'd be as happy to see the finish line come June 28th. :)

The running vest that they revealed in the newsletter. Hopefully the size that I chose will fit me just fine.


My second big bro who missed the chance of signing up for KL marathon, did the next best thing... signed up for the Siemens Run and Shape & Men's Health Run on July 19th and July 25th, respectively. He managed to convince me to do the same.

I must say the night run sounds intriguing. And to do it in Putrajaya is a plus.

Siemens Run 2009 banner


Shape & Men's Health Night Run 2009 banner


Wish me luck! Because I'm gonna need it. hehehe

Comments

  1. fullamak! half marathon!!! and then 2 more runs? apa distance for the other 2 runs?

    i think i can run maybe 25 kaki? hahaha. yes, not meter, but kaki ;) and then collapse, dying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. keh keh keh. once in year kind of thing.

    the other 2 are 10km and 11.2km. just doing them for fun. cewah. hehe

    hahaha. i bet you'd do a lot of running when allie starts walking/running :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. go zarin go! go zarin go! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment