... while I still have the energy and before I fall into deep slumber. And I have all day to recover on Monday because I'm taking a replacement leave. Woohoo!
After finishing the 10k run in last year's KL Marathon, I felt that I could have run a half marathon. So the most sensible thing to do is to participate in the event this year.
The route that shows the hilly section.

I finished it alright, but that was a tough one. The section that started from KM13 to KM17 gave the hardest test, because we had to run up and down a couple of hills and also run uphill on the exit ramp of the freeway. It really delayed me but did not stop me. In additon, the last couple of kilometers were really a killer. Had to dig deep inside of me to keep pushing to the finishing line. Miley Cyrus' song The Climb came at the right moment and provided the much needed motivation - "Ain't about how fast I get there" Hahaha... Ok, I'm asking for it for revealing one of the songs in my playlist. But it did the trick, and that's all that matters *lol*
I set the target to finish the run at sub 2.5 hours. Based on my own timekeeping, I crossed the finish line at 2:28.31. According to the gun time, I completed it at 2:29.35. Yeah, it took me a minute to get to the Start line because of the huge turnout. The DAG system may give another set of timing, because a girl with this pingpong bat-like thingy scanned my bib a few seconds later.
Yeah baby. 2:28.31. Not even close to those of the Race winners, but I'm still proud of it ;)

Now I'll just let several pictures do all the talking, ok?
No, I did not run in a sarong. Hehehe. I was waiting for the azan to perform my Subuh prayer. Good thing the run started a bit later

Part of the turnout

This is the start of the 10K run. Can you spot Spidey in there?

Yay, I got the Finisher's Medal.

Queuing up for a banana. :)

After finishing the 10k run in last year's KL Marathon, I felt that I could have run a half marathon. So the most sensible thing to do is to participate in the event this year.
The route that shows the hilly section.

I finished it alright, but that was a tough one. The section that started from KM13 to KM17 gave the hardest test, because we had to run up and down a couple of hills and also run uphill on the exit ramp of the freeway. It really delayed me but did not stop me. In additon, the last couple of kilometers were really a killer. Had to dig deep inside of me to keep pushing to the finishing line. Miley Cyrus' song The Climb came at the right moment and provided the much needed motivation - "Ain't about how fast I get there" Hahaha... Ok, I'm asking for it for revealing one of the songs in my playlist. But it did the trick, and that's all that matters *lol*
I set the target to finish the run at sub 2.5 hours. Based on my own timekeeping, I crossed the finish line at 2:28.31. According to the gun time, I completed it at 2:29.35. Yeah, it took me a minute to get to the Start line because of the huge turnout. The DAG system may give another set of timing, because a girl with this pingpong bat-like thingy scanned my bib a few seconds later.
Yeah baby. 2:28.31. Not even close to those of the Race winners, but I'm still proud of it ;)

Now I'll just let several pictures do all the talking, ok?
No, I did not run in a sarong. Hehehe. I was waiting for the azan to perform my Subuh prayer. Good thing the run started a bit later
Before the race. Note to self, learn other poses. :D

I don't think I blend well with the other runners. :)

Part of the turnout

This is the start of the 10K run. Can you spot Spidey in there?

Yay, I got the Finisher's Medal.

Queuing up for a banana. :)

A handphone in one hand. A banana in the other. :D

It's Spidey again! He came back for this year's run. My friend posted a picture of him in his blogpost (not sure if it's the same person, but he looks like he has the same build)


It's Spidey again! He came back for this year's run. My friend posted a picture of him in his blogpost (not sure if it's the same person, but he looks like he has the same build)

My first ever half... I'm damn happy with it. Right now tho', I can't tell when I'd do my first full marathon. That requires lots and lots of training and perseverance.
Lots of people vented their frustration in FB on the race pack pick ups. Lucky for me, I got mine after work on Friday after 15 minutes and didn't have to deal with missing bibs. As for the medal pickup, they should have taken pointers from last year's race whereby the medals were given at the finish line. And to think that they're extending the participants to 18,000 next year.
More over, they didn't grab a sponsorship from Milo. Bummer.



Yeah man. You need more stylo poses. That one was lame and I have to add you repeated it a few time elsewhere in your blog.
ReplyDelete*lol*
ReplyDeleteunfortunately that's all i have man. :D
good job completing the race under your target, zarin :) congrats again!
ReplyDeletethanks Sila.
ReplyDeletehopefully i could tackle the full marathon in the near future ;)