what??? another post on running?

enough already! hehehe... ok, ok. I'll stop blabbing after I'm done with the Men's Health Night Run. But that's on the 25th. Before that, I'm taking part in the "What are you running for?" Siemens Run, which is just a couple of days away. :)

So, what am I running for?



How about for the free Milo at the finish line? hehe... just kidding.

(A picture from last year's run that I snatched from the Siemens Run 2009 website)

What I like about running is that you just need to put on your running shoes, and off you go. It's all you. Or another way of looking at it... I suck at other sports. *lol* For example, I love ice hockey. But I don't know how to skate (neither ice skate nor rollerblade). hehehe. And I got an ass whopping when I played squash with a friend who hadn't played a game for a number of years. But I never said I was any good at squash, so it didn't really get to my head.

I run to stay healthy.
I run because I can keep eating what I eat.
And I am actually seriously when I say, I run because I suck at other sports ;)

But the above don't really answer the question in hand, do they?
I can always revert to "love" or "world peace", but will just prove me lazy. hehehe. Let me see if I could think of a better answer by Sunday.

Although I've only joined a couple of events, but it was motivational to run alongside hundreds or thousands of other runners. And how many times can you run through the city and the traffic stops for you? :)

And since proceeds from the Siemens Run go to charity, it makes it more special.

Comments

  1. what's the charity it goes to? and that is a cool way of looking at it - bila lagi traffic will stop for you while you run? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you are really into this sport. One after the other. That's good man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayda: ok ok. hehe.

    sila: from the website, 3 groups will benefit from it.
    yeah, i stop for no one. :D

    hengwah: hehe, thanks. i hope i can finish a full marathon in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment