It's that time of the year again

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri and Eid Mubarak people! :)

I'm looking forward to weave some ketupats this weekend. That gets me in the mood for Raya ;)

(Raya '06)

Here's my Ramadhan/Eid by the numbers:
  • 1: The number of days that I missed waking up for sahur. The alarm clock did go off but I switched it off and went back to sleep. It's also the number of article of clothing that I spent on myself. A songkok. :D Last year's Baju Melayu could still be worn for many years to come :)
  • 3: The number of times I broke fast (iftar) outside of the house - with Farid and Ida, at my brother's and the most recent one with my sisters and bro-in-law. Just nice. It's the fasting month and not the feasting month right ;)
  • 10: Non-working days that will start in 2 days' time. Woohoo!
  • 5: The number of Raya cookies that I bought. Just typical ones - pineapple tarts, suji, Almond London, kapit and loyang. There's only a few kapits left in the jar. :D
  • 2: The number of juz left for Quran recital. Alhamdulillah.
  • 1.5: The average number of hours that I usually take to drive back to my kampung. But I have to be content with the balik kampung traffic this weekend.
  • 6: The number of days that I target to fast in the month of Syawal for extra credits.
  • Z = J + 2K + M: My duit raya allocation for this year. My 2 nephews and a niece are celebrating Eid in OZ this year, so save duit sket. hehehe.
Have a safe trip home guys!
Don't forget to invite me if you're organizing a Raya open house. People are saying I'm too skinny now. :P

Comments

  1. selamat hari raya!
    minta maaf atas salah silap.
    nanti senang2 mai lah beraya ke putrajaya
    (allocation duit raya utk your anak2 saudara bolehla pass mai kat anak2 i, ngeh ngeh ngeh...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aezack: salam aidilfitri. mintak maaf byk2 ya?
    putrajaya kat mana?

    ayda: selamat hari raya gak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a belated selamat hari raya to you and your family, zarin! maaf zahir dan batin. (hey, it's still syawal, kan?) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment