now the Raiderettes can fly

:)

I know that the news is a bit stale, but it's still blog-worthy. It's about AirAsia's 2-year sponsorship of the Raiders. Here's the link to the article in the local newspaper: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/9/20/sports/4753291

The quote that really caught my eye was "We are excited to associate ourselves with an iconic team like Oakland Raiders. This partnership will greatly enhance our efforts to boost our brand globally".

Iconic? It's a safe word to use I presume. hehehe. Quoting an article from SFGate
"one doesn't normally associate Malaysia with Raider Nation, or any NFL fan base, come to think of it; and the Raiders haven't exactly been the cream of the professional football crop of late - except perhaps in ways they would rather not be..." Read more at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/14/BU3T19LUJC.DTL

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for AirAsia to secure landing rights and operate in Oakland or any other US cities for that matter; it's a cheaper option to fly to the States. But the Oakland Raiders? Oh come on. I think AirAsia could have done better. Sorry Raiders fans...

Comments

  1. alamak...seriously? Raiders?? well, maybe they'll be good this season...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe... they even have 3 of the raiderettes in the airplane livery!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment