I arrived at Penang at 7pm. Had dinner before checking into the hotel at 8. Went to bed by 9. Woke up at 1:30am. Made my way to Queensbay Mall at 2:30am. Started running at 3:30. Crossed the finish line at 6. Packed and flew back to KL at 1pm.
okay, it wasn't really that uneventful. hehehe.
KL marathon's result in May'09

Penang Bridge Int'l Marathon's.

By just comparing the 2 results, I improved my timing. However, I didn't run a better race. I was on a 6min/km pace but... when I got to the 15km mark, I stopped at the 100plus drink station. I continued running after drinking some isotonic, but my body and legs appeared to be giving out. For the last 6K's, I mostly walked and did short running bursts in between. Lots of things ran through my mind (pun intended), like collapsing by the side of the road and coming this far but not getting the finisher's medal (there's the 3'30" time limit).
To be honest, I didn't put in enough mileage into my preparation. I had to resort to running on the treadmill because it rained almost everyday. And you know what a total bore it is to run on treadmills. For the past one month, I only managed to run outside 3 times. Yes, you heard me right, 3 times. The longest run I did was 10km. Ouch! So it wasn't a surprise that my body was screaming back at me after the 15th kilometer.
I still have a lot to learn. Hydration, diets before and after the run, injury prevention, those kinds of stuff.
Yes, completing a full marathon is still my goal. But I seriously need to follow a proper training regimen. While I'm at it, I ought to invest in one of those utility belts :)
pre-race

post race - it was still dark :P

okay, it wasn't really that uneventful. hehehe.
KL marathon's result in May'09
Penang Bridge Int'l Marathon's.
By just comparing the 2 results, I improved my timing. However, I didn't run a better race. I was on a 6min/km pace but... when I got to the 15km mark, I stopped at the 100plus drink station. I continued running after drinking some isotonic, but my body and legs appeared to be giving out. For the last 6K's, I mostly walked and did short running bursts in between. Lots of things ran through my mind (pun intended), like collapsing by the side of the road and coming this far but not getting the finisher's medal (there's the 3'30" time limit).
To be honest, I didn't put in enough mileage into my preparation. I had to resort to running on the treadmill because it rained almost everyday. And you know what a total bore it is to run on treadmills. For the past one month, I only managed to run outside 3 times. Yes, you heard me right, 3 times. The longest run I did was 10km. Ouch! So it wasn't a surprise that my body was screaming back at me after the 15th kilometer.
I still have a lot to learn. Hydration, diets before and after the run, injury prevention, those kinds of stuff.
Yes, completing a full marathon is still my goal. But I seriously need to follow a proper training regimen. While I'm at it, I ought to invest in one of those utility belts :)
pre-race
post race - it was still dark :P
wow...another race! kudos!
ReplyDeletethat utility belt is like a runner's fanny pack? :D
hehe... thanks Sila!
ReplyDeletehehehe, fanny pack. lebih kurang la. catering more for the water bottle and what not. much cooler la kot? :)