PNM: that was one helluva full marathon!

Wow! What an awesome feeling. The sense of accomplishment as I came up to the finishing line with my siblings cheering me on. Sure, my time of 5'40" wasn't on the same pace that I had achieved for my 30k run 3 weeks back (3'20"). But after checking out the route the night before, which has lots and lots of inclines that seemed endless, I had to change my goal from a sub-5 hour finish to sub-6 hour finish and not to get a ride in an ambulance or the sweeper bus. And that was what I did. Yay! Alhamdulillah (Thank God).

I have to give Hal Higdon Marathon Training credits because it certainly helped me to prepare for my Full Marathon. Of course, the treacherous course was a different matter altogether especially for a first-timer like me. It was also good to note that the Pacesetters 30K and the Putrajaya Night Marathon fit nicely in the training regimen.

The Aziz family represented all distances in 4 categories :)


The finisher T and medal. Nice!


My sisters cheering me on at the finish line. Awesome!

Aida, Aishah: Thanks for waiting patiently for me especially when you guys finished your 7.7k run hours before. You too bro-in-law ;)

Energizer Night Race is next. I'm opting for the 21K this time. A good choice, don't you think? :) But before that, time to earn my well deserved rest. ;)

Comments

  1. yay well done you (and your family, for the all-round participations)! are all the races in m'sia in the middle of the night? i guess daytime heat would be unbearable..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lil.
    well, this is the first night marathon in malaysia. the next one is next month - energizer.

    penang bridge's full marathon starts at 2:30a so u'd finish before sun is up. others usually start at 4:30am, so you'd arrive 9-10ish, so you have to deal with the heat.

    btw, Gong Xi Fa Cai! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow zarin! i'm very impressed! good for you! full marathon! impressive!!! ")

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Sila!
    i surprise myself too. hehehe.

    hopefully i could better my time in the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment