I bettered my Half Marathon PB (personal best) by .... wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it... 36 seconds! Hahaha. My older brother broke his by 3 seconds. *lol* But we firmly believe that the course was much longer than advertised because both of us thought we ran at a faster pace. However, we couldn't really confirm this. Altho' my Nike+ showed 22.6K, this may not be entirely correct. Meanwhile, my brother's footpod ran out of battery midway into the race. :P One thing for sure, I did not stop running (other than at the water stations) and picked up the pace for the last few K's, which wasn't the case in last year's Penang Bridge marathon.
Oh wait a minute. Gosh... I didn't realize that this was turning into a running blog. hehehe. I guess that's a good sign right because I'm still doing what I've started 2 years ago. Anyways... :)
I only joined the 21K run this time around. For one, although they revised the start time for the full marathon (FM) to start an hour later (i.e. 6pm), the sun would still be high above our head. Man, it'd be damn hot and humid. I know this because I usually run after work. Secondly, I did a 42K last month, so I didn't think I could put in enough training for the Energizer Night Run (ENR).
My brother and I were quite nervous for our sisters who decided to run a half marathon after joining a 7.7K last month, especially when they weren't putting enough mileage into training. Despite our concern, they did manage to cross the finish line. They could surely improve on their timing in the next run(s) ;)
Walking back to the shuttle pick-up point, we could see there were still FM runners making their way to the finish line. Digging deep for that last stretch. I knew the feeling. I was there.
I've signed up for KL Marathon which will be taking place end of June. I really hope I'd be ready physically and mentally by then. And hopefully it'd be better organized than last year's.
Before I sign off, here's a a couple of pictures that were taken last weekend. As for the rest, I could rely on my sisters to upload them into FB. Oh wait, they already did that :P
Waiting for the shuttle bus; my youngest bro (will be joining us in SCKLM10, moi, my sis & her hubby)

With the headlight, before the run

Oh wait a minute. Gosh... I didn't realize that this was turning into a running blog. hehehe. I guess that's a good sign right because I'm still doing what I've started 2 years ago. Anyways... :)
I only joined the 21K run this time around. For one, although they revised the start time for the full marathon (FM) to start an hour later (i.e. 6pm), the sun would still be high above our head. Man, it'd be damn hot and humid. I know this because I usually run after work. Secondly, I did a 42K last month, so I didn't think I could put in enough training for the Energizer Night Run (ENR).
My brother and I were quite nervous for our sisters who decided to run a half marathon after joining a 7.7K last month, especially when they weren't putting enough mileage into training. Despite our concern, they did manage to cross the finish line. They could surely improve on their timing in the next run(s) ;)
Walking back to the shuttle pick-up point, we could see there were still FM runners making their way to the finish line. Digging deep for that last stretch. I knew the feeling. I was there.
I've signed up for KL Marathon which will be taking place end of June. I really hope I'd be ready physically and mentally by then. And hopefully it'd be better organized than last year's.
Before I sign off, here's a a couple of pictures that were taken last weekend. As for the rest, I could rely on my sisters to upload them into FB. Oh wait, they already did that :P
Waiting for the shuttle bus; my youngest bro (will be joining us in SCKLM10, moi, my sis & her hubby)
With the headlight, before the run
actually, my time was slower by 3 seconds compared to PNM. But honestly, I think I ran faster - so I think the Bunny run was longer than PNM. And my footpod's battery just had to run out, so no way I can verify that...
ReplyDelete-KAA-