Right after my LSD run on Saturday, I went back to Melaka with my sister. I try to make a point to visit my parents at kampung (village/hometown) once every fortnight or 3 weeks.
A month has passed since I last took pictures of the fruit trees. Care to see how they're coming along?
Rambutans

Cempedaks inside the casings.
Note to self, need to learn from dad how to make them [casings].

Manggis (mangosteens).
When they have ripen, they're nice to be eaten fresh off the trees. I'll probably eat like 5, 'coz I'm not into mangosteens that much.

Durians within reach.
Do I have what it takes to be a hand-model? *lol*

Durian and manggis trees side by side.

More durians. What can I say. I simply loooove durians! :)

Dad was saying it could be another month before they're ripe. Hopefully the fruits can wait till I'm done with KL marathon. They're usually good (to be 'harvested') for a month. I'm praying the squirrels won't get to them before I do...
This means I'll be going back every weekend when it's 'harvesting' time. To makan (eat). Hehehe. Tolong-tolong (To help out with the durian picking & manggis plucking) is a given, of course. I'm the go-to guy for the manggis plucking. Terrer apa. Hehehehe
A month has passed since I last took pictures of the fruit trees. Care to see how they're coming along?
Rambutans
Cempedaks inside the casings.
Note to self, need to learn from dad how to make them [casings].
Manggis (mangosteens).
When they have ripen, they're nice to be eaten fresh off the trees. I'll probably eat like 5, 'coz I'm not into mangosteens that much.
Durians within reach.
Do I have what it takes to be a hand-model? *lol*
Durian and manggis trees side by side.
More durians. What can I say. I simply loooove durians! :)
Dad was saying it could be another month before they're ripe. Hopefully the fruits can wait till I'm done with KL marathon. They're usually good (to be 'harvested') for a month. I'm praying the squirrels won't get to them before I do...
This means I'll be going back every weekend when it's 'harvesting' time. To makan (eat). Hehehe. Tolong-tolong (To help out with the durian picking & manggis plucking) is a given, of course. I'm the go-to guy for the manggis plucking. Terrer apa. Hehehehe
Eh dont forget to bring some back for us here!!! Yum yum!!!
ReplyDeleteas always, i drool with anticipation to see the pictures of the buah yang masak nanti. :)
ReplyDelete@Yim: kalau ada rezeki, can open table after kl marathon. but is there an LSD after that? hehehe
ReplyDelete@Sila: tu la, kalau dekat dah lama ajak. but have to bring bug spray le. aku yg org bandar ni tak tahan. hahaha.
huhuhu... nak gak.... hmmm fresh mangosteen.... yum yum.... what more durians... hehehe... kalau ada lebih tu nak lah sikit.... jual tak????
ReplyDelete@shahi: kalau ada rezeki, insya-Allah ada. tak leh janji le sebab "tak leh kira ayam sebelum menetas" :)
ReplyDelete