Has it really been 5 years?

I wasn't really keeping count, until Shade pointed out that he and Marina came to KL in July 2005. Man, that was 5 years ago. I thought it was just 3!

2005 - Shade, Marina and us Malaysians before we went up the Twin Towers skybridge.
Gosh. I guess my 2 months worth of makan-makan (food) in Italy back in 2004 hasn't worn off yet. hehehe



Fast forward to the present time.
10 days before he came, Shade left me a message saying that he'll be staying a couple of nights in "a hotel that's close to the Petronas Towers" with Marina and the in-laws. That was all he could say at that time.

2 days before he arrived, he sent Azlan and I a short email by telling us that they'll stay in Grand Seasons Hotel in Jalan Pahang.

Ok, you can hit the the panic button now! Azlan and I were frantically spamming Shade's mailbox suggesting him of other hotels that are even closer to the twin towers. We even got Azizul (now in London) involved. Hahaha.

We didn't hear from Shade until Tuesday afternoon when they already arrived at the hotel. No matter what, they're already here. Let's make the most of it.

In the hotel lobby. Rehan is such a cutie! And he's so well-behaved.


Azlan introduced us (including myself) to the Istana Bambu Restaurant for dinner.

Our menu was Siakap Kerabu Mangga (Fried Barramundi topped with Mango Salad), Daging Salai Masak Lemak (Smoked Beef in Coconut Gravy), Chicken Marmite and Asparagus.
Food was good but service could be faster and better. It's a bit cliche, but the company was excellent.


The next day, we took the afternoon off from work to bring our guests to Midvalley Megamall for some shopping. But not before having our lunch. We ended up at Madam Kwan's which is always a good choice in our books.

Rehan was simply adorable.


with the man himself. :)


Shade & Marina, we hope that you had an enjoyable stay in KL. Hopefully it won't be another 5 years till we see each other. Well, Shade and I did meet up when we went for our 10th, but that was just too short. Half hour tops.

If I do go to the States in the next couple of years, I may need to consider Kansas as one of my stops. It may not be a popular stopover but I sort of agreed to visit. hehehe. I better start saving now...

Comments

Post a Comment