rain, rain go away

Got up at 5:20a when my alarm went off. (If only I was this determined for work... Fat chance. :D)
My light breakfast comprised of half a banana, milo and a few bites of bread.
A quick shower ensued to make sure the rest of my body was awake.

Just as I finished my Subuh prayer, I could hear raindrops striking the roof. Man, not again.

But I was adamant to continue with my running plan because KL Marathon is fast approaching. So I got ready.
- Spibelt. Checked
- Hydration belt. Checked
- MP3 player. Didn't need it.
- The same running shirt for long runs. Checked :)

Alhamdulillah (Thank God) it stopped raining just as I came out the front door.

Inspired by Yim, I thought I'd make today's run more enjoyable by taking some pictures along the way with my cellphone.

The aunties were already in their routines at the Pandan Lake Club


After Pandan Perdana, it was time to head out to Taman Dagang via Pandan Jaya.

oh no, a storm is brewing at KLCC


Wong Solo (an Indonesian restaurant) @ Taman Dagang was still closed. Have to continue running


Does this mean we runners can use the highway? Pejalan kaki = pedestrians :)


Lot 9. Lot 10 (a mall at Bukit Bintang near the twin towers) should be next door. Not!


After Taman Dagang and Ampang Point shopping center, I made my way to KLCC, taking Jalan Ampang. It's not runner friendly, with the traffic and exhaust fumes.

Traffic along Jalan Ampang (taken 2 weeks ago)
Add Image
At least there's a 'medical aid station' (just like in an official race) :)

Gleneagles Intan


It began to drizzle as I was closing in on the twin towers. There was no turning back at this point, as I just passed the half marathon point. I was still feeling good.

Almost there (taken 2 weeks ago)


Luckily the rain stopped when I arrived at the KLCC park.

Another picture from 2 weeks ago, but the clock on Maxis tower was giving the correct time.


A strange thing happened at around the 25th kilometer. My legs seemed to be struggling to maintain the pace. My body was tiring. It was as if I was hitting the so-called wall. What?! This early?

I stopped to consume my 2nd powergel and what was left of my Gatorade. Thank God, that did the trick.

A group of runners on the track, with one guy wearing a very familiar vest - NB PACM 30K


It was a nice park to run at, but I wasn't keen on running in loops. So I only stayed for 3 laps; it was 28K at this point.

KM 30. Another medical aid station - Prince Court hospital. :)


KM 32. Water station - 7-11 near Pasar Road :) Bought chocolate milk to give it a try; saw someone posted on FMV FB page about it. Nice! I can get used to this.


Thanks to the overcast weather, I clocked 35.5K at 3:45.
Kan best kalau cuaca macam ni masa KL Marathon? (It'd be godsent if the weather would be just as cooperating during SCKLM) Amin!

However I should not be complacent. Training and official runs are 2 different matters altogether. I should know. In the case of NB 30K, my timing was 3:20. 3 weeks after that, I completed PNM at 5:40.

On the bright side - There's only one way. Forward
(nothing original here; it's from Petronas' F1 advert. hehehe)

stopped at a restaurant for a refreshing watermelon juice


It poured when I was walking back to my house. It looked worse in the city.
Thanks "Mother Nature" for holding back the heavy showers until I was done with my LSD.

Comments

  1. umm what's LSD? i mean other than the kind that's illegal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. long slow distance. the other LSD. :D just learnt abt it when reading other ppl's blogs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment