It's been close to 2 weeks since I decided to ditch my mp3 player when I go for my runs. I’m checking to see whether I'll be able to cope without any music. My weekday runs are normally around 10k, and the furthest I have gone without music in my ears was the 15k at last weekend's NB PACM.
So far it’s been good. But in the case of NB PACM, I wished I had my headsets on when there was this heavy breathing guy following close behind me and a guy who was stomping his feet when he went downhill. hehehe.
But the real test is happening this Saturday when my long run requires me running at least 3 and half hours. But since I'm running through the heart of KL, I'm sure the traffic noises will keep me company :P
Sometimes even if I have my headsets on, I don’t particularly listen to a song in its entirety. I may not even remember what song was just playing right before. My mind will without fail wander off somewhere. And I won’t be surprised if at most times my mind will just go blank.
I also find that distractions are unavoidable. Like,
“Car!”
“Mak ai! Sayupnya bukit ni” (Does this hill ever end?)
"Lajunye uncle ni!" (This uncle is damn fast)
When the going gets tough, the mind is the next best thing. Psyching yourself to dig deep to reach that finish line.
I'm curious what your take is on this subject.
Care to share it with me?
In the mean time, here's a couple of links that I found:
http://www.fitsugar.com/Elite-Runners-Think-About-Running-When-Run-8020953
http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Goes-Through-Your-Mind-When-You-Are-Running?&id=4279450
So far it’s been good. But in the case of NB PACM, I wished I had my headsets on when there was this heavy breathing guy following close behind me and a guy who was stomping his feet when he went downhill. hehehe.
But the real test is happening this Saturday when my long run requires me running at least 3 and half hours. But since I'm running through the heart of KL, I'm sure the traffic noises will keep me company :P
Sometimes even if I have my headsets on, I don’t particularly listen to a song in its entirety. I may not even remember what song was just playing right before. My mind will without fail wander off somewhere. And I won’t be surprised if at most times my mind will just go blank.
I also find that distractions are unavoidable. Like,
When the going gets tough, the mind is the next best thing. Psyching yourself to dig deep to reach that finish line.
I'm curious what your take is on this subject.
Care to share it with me?
In the mean time, here's a couple of links that I found:
i think if i started running what would without fail go through my head at all times would be "what the f*ck am i doing running??????" hehehe
ReplyDeletehahaha... hahaha..
ReplyDelete