Who let the dogs out?

When I first stepped out of my house last Saturday, I couldn't help but to take a picture of the moon, a sign that it would a very nice morning run.

6:15'ish


However, barely a few meters from my front gate, a pack of 3 to 4 dogs were seen fast approaching but stopped short of 20 meters (~60 feet) away from me. Growling. Shoot! I backtracked and fortunately found a good size stick near my front gate. Luckily I didn't need to use it, because while all this was happening, the dogs got distracted and were seen rummaging through some trash. So I went on my way and I was pretty sure that it was just a one-off case.

How wrong was I when I was in Pandan Perdana (a housing area nearby my house). I've been through these streets for the past few weekends and I've never encountered any dog incidents. But on this day itself, I had to stop dead in my tracks for a few times because the dogs were not too happy with my running. I wouldn't mind it one bit if they were behind locked gates. Seriously, who let these dogs out? Has it got to do with the full moon?

How I wish I had retractable staff instead of water bottles on my hydration belt. That'd be cool! :D

Can you spot the 3 dogs in this picture? The pic was blurry because sun was not yet.
As soon as I took this picture, they took it as an offense and started barking at me. Good thing, that was all they did.


I didn't want to push my luck with the dogs so I decided to cut short my running in Pandan Perdana and continue making my way to KLCC.

19 = One Nite?


Sun's rising.
I called my run as Sunup run, as a tribute to the Sundown marathon in Singapore that took place last weekend. :)


I stayed on the same route as my previous runs, but since I needed to make up for the lost mileage, I took a detour and ran past the Bukit Bintang neighbourhood.

Without fail, I managed to draw blank or strange looks from onlookers or road users. If I inspired them to pick up running, then I did my part. If they wanted me to stay off the road, then the feeling is mutual buddy! ;)

Pavilion - one of the high end malls in the city.


Lot 10 Mall (as opposed to the Lot9 picture that I took last weekend :))


Refueled at the 7-E across the "Times Square" mall -- how original... till now, I still do not see the resemblance. Anyhow.


I got home and uploaded my run on Nike+ website. Eversince I bought my Nike+ sportsband in November '09, I had accumulated 1000 KMs (~600miles). That may not be a lot given the 7 month timeframe, but I pray there'd be more and more of these thousand K's. Insya-Allah (God willing).

My Nike+ Mini. I prefer "Mini Me" better :D


Comments

  1. Congrats on your SunUp run bro :-)

    How many km is your route?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hi Rayzeef.
    mine is more or less 30k. one more weekend and it's tapering time. hehehe

    thanks for dropping by man

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn't see the dogs but i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lagi byk anjing ada la. last saturday, just as i was about to open the door, i heard a growl from the outside gate. bukak2 nampak 5-6 anjing tgh merewang2 kat luar. wth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment