Demam ke?

Am I really that skinny?  Seriously??  I, for one, don't think so.  There are others who are in fact leaner than me.

For the past couple of months, I've gotten a number of remarks on this matter.
A colleague labeled me "kerempeng".  The same person went on to say that I was "swimming in [my] work clothes".  My sisters want to swap bodies with me.  :D
When I went to seek consultation from the Doctor at the in-house clinic, she told me that I had lost weight since the last time I saw her.  As far as I could recall, my last visit was at least half a year ago.


You'd think I'd I take such statements to heart?  Nope, not at all.  I take them as compliments.  Thanks to running, I manage to increase my metabolic rate and and lose a few pounds.  "Don't worry teammate, I'm still working on replacing my work wardrobe.  I need to patch up some holes in my pocket before they become any bigger, first"

But the funniest remark goes to..... my mom.  hehehe.  Apparently my sister and my mom had a short conversation when we went balik kampung over the weekend.  My sister only informed me about it when we were already back in KL.


Mom:  "Abang Zarin tu kenapa?"  (What's wrong with your brother?)
Sis: "Kenapa?"  (Why?)
Mom: "Kuruuus je.  Demam ke?"  (He's so skinny.  Is he ill?)
Sis: "Tak delah.  Dia selalu jogging2 lah mak."  ("There's nothing to worry about, mom.  He always goes jogging)

*LOL!*  My mom's too cute.  I know she has her family in her mind and heart all the time.  And I love her for that.  But sometimes her concern is baseless.  At least this one time.  :D

Comments

  1. zarin, hahah .. well you are kurus, I think if angin kuat boleh kot you nak terjatuh heeh but so long you are healthy then its ok but you should monitor also, jangan till it is health hazardous tau :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. atukz, now I know your name is zarin. i'm skinny too. dunno who's skinnier, you or me :)
    i received remarks as well but who cares, they can't even start thinking how to run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zarin, you should bring your mom to one of the marathons you're running. Then she'll realise you're not the skinniest there lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. critic!! when we put a little weight, people said we are fat (morbid), but when we loose a few pound, people said we are sick...(morbid also)..ha, ha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, no worry bro. Me, with weight still lingering at 83-84kg, a person once remarked, "eh, dah kurus, cam org sakit". Buang karen to respond lah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @kak June: hahaha. mcm iklan "Weight Gain" kat tv tu. ok, I'll remember your advice tu.

    @Diket: yup, that's my name. I wasn't really hiding it or anything. Saje je :) Tho' we haven't met in person yet, from your pics I'm sure you're leaner. I was actually thinking abt you and Syed when I was writing this. ;)

    @Yim: Eh, not a bad idea there. Tho' she'll be bored waiting for slow ol' me. lol!

    @Ijam: True that! I can't agree with you more. :D

    @Ziff: Betul tu. Bab sakit tu yg boleh blah tu. But it's better than "Eh, dah kurus. Kau isap dadah ke?" Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. damn time for me to start running ni!!! i could do with some weight loss...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment