Siemens Run '10: On the other side of the gantry


This time last year, I ran the Siemens Run with my elder brother.  This year I had to give it a pass because I wanted to give my knees a little breather.  At the same time I had already planned to spend the July weekends at kampung.

My other siblings were taking part in this year's run, so it gave me an excuse to show up with my support.  Now that the run took place on Sunday, my sister and I returned to kampung after work on Friday and arrived close to 9.  Thus I was able to start my part-time job early the next day.  I had to stop at 6:30pm to give me time to clean up, pack and eat dinner, with a couple of hours of break at noon.  Boy, did I need a neck massage badly.

We were back in KL at 11pm on Saturday.  Though I had ve to show up at Dataran like the other runners the next morning, I wasn't one.  It was a role that I'd say I wasn't used to.
  • I didn't have to worry about sleeping in early. I slept at 1 that night morning.
  • I didn't have to worry about getting a morning snack a couple of hours before the run.  In fact, I didn't have breakfast.
  • I didn't have to pin the bib on my vest.
  • I didn't have to apply BodyGlide on the prone areas... and so forth.
Of course, with the list of nothing to do's, it was super easy. :)

We parked our car at Padang Merbok.

30 minutes more to go.

A sea of runners in the gantry; An attempt at photo-stitching which is a bit off the mark.

The shops at Jalan TAR were still closed.  Baru je nak survey baju raya untuk tahun ni :)

My sister and I were scouting for a place to have breakfast at.  Ibrahimsha had already opened its doors, but we decided to skip breakfast because the runners would show up any time soon.

The cheer-leading squads from Siemens.


Still waiting for 'em runners.  Lepak-lepak or ambil gambar dulu. 

Jalan TAR was still open to traffic when the front runners were passing by.


Now Jalan TAR is closed when more and more runners.  This is more like it.  It pays to be the slower runners.  :)


Popeye the Sailorman?


My elder brother


"It's already 9 am.  Time to pack up and leave..."

Wwwhat?  Are you serious?  Oh come on!  Luckily they still had the people from Siemens who continued to make their presence felt.



My other sister and bro-in-law were still no where to be seen.  So we decided to head back to Dataran and wait for them there or on the way, which ever came first.  We still needed to get to the finish line anyway.


These girls were keeping themselves occupied, by having fun.  A few pretended to be runners and hi-5'ing one another.  :)


This is sorta a mesh of the video clips that I had taken.
A word of advice - perhaps you should turn down the volume to the minimum, better yet mute it.  Don't tell me that I didn't warn ya.  And please, please keep your comment to yourself ok?  hehehe.



My brother-in-law left my sister near Sogo because my sister had stomach cramps.  So our elder brother, who had finished way earlier, came back for my sister and kept her company, while giving her words of encouragement.  I couldn't help but to run with them at the end and capture it on video.  With my Jusco recyclable bag and all.  Hahaha.  There was a reason why I had my running shoes on. :)


I have to apologize to those runners if we caused a ruckus.  At least, I don't think that I impeded their path.  If I did, I am sorry for that.  It's one of those "spur of the moment" situations.

This is courtesy of Nizam.  I "borrowed" this picture from his FB album.  :)
[updated]: And this one is from Kenny Foo's FB page. :'D
 

Comments

  1. alamak! tak sempat nak rasa manggis la. lain kali ada lagi tak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haah, the video is a hoot and i dont think anyone minded .. thanks again for the manggis and see u soon! and next time, dont be so shy lah eh ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bestnya rasa dapat bagi support to family members kan? It's passionate. Melepas manggis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banyak aku borong manggis free kau tu...best hehehe. TQ bro. Aku ingat kau dtg dgn awek hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @shuk: you finished way too fast. i had to wait for my other siblings. manggis mcm nak penghabisan. but kalau ada rezeki next time, who knows right? insya-Allah

    @kak June:u're most welcome. insya-Allah jumpa lagi nanti.

    @Diket: yup, memang seronok sorak2. but up to one point i went cuckoo and were yelling "Mari masuk, mari masuk. Beli baju raya" (coz I was standing next to Globe). My sister looked at me and pretended we weren't related. hehehe. Tanya ziff dia ada manggis lagi tak? hehehe

    @zifF: no prob. risau gak kalau tak habis, esp bila sampai dataran lambat sket... actually nak dtg solo cari awek, senang nak lari togeder2 nanti. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice2! next ada manggis lagi ke? nk rasa gak.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zarin, good that many in your family are into running. Musti meriah! Thanks for the manggis, manis & sedap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @nizam: thanks for visiting.

    @zaki: yeah, not bad right. 2 more siblings to racun. :D. manggis tu mcm bwk buah tangan nak pergi rumah org. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @nizam: oops, tertinggal lak komen utk kau. i was abt to say, insya-Allah kalau ada rezeki. kalau tak manggis, how about kedondong? kedondong tak dak musim :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. kenapa aku tak dpt manggis hari tu? ni tak adil ni,
    lain kali aku nak pokok2 tu sekali, bagi aku rasa daun dia pulak

    ReplyDelete
  11. alamak Ijam, sori le. hari tu pun tak bwk byk. tp bukan ke kau kat area2 tu gak time tu? ni kes tgh layan org ambil gambar la ni

    ReplyDelete
  12. that video made me laugh, yo. :D memang bagi semangat to your sis! also that last picture of you guys running along with her is so funny and heartwarming! keep it up sekeluarga lari-lari! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @sila: thanks. yup, sekali sekala syok gak jadi tukang sorak :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment