Whilst everyone else participated in Centro or Seremban Half runs, my sisters and I went back to our kampung. There were not that many durians left. The mangosteens were still coming. The rambutans were peaking. It wasn't really about eating the fruits. It was about helping out our parents with the chores. ;-)
Although one sister and I went out on 3 manggis-picking shifts (Saturday morning and afternoon, and Sunday morning), by the time we returned to the starting point, more manggis had ripened overnight. We were kind of frustrated for not having enough time and hands to help my parents out. It would be nice to just take the week off and lepak kampung. I won't mind... if there's internet. Orang bandar tul :D
Sometimes you can't help it but to crack open a few of them and pop them into your mouth. But now I'm paying for it as I'm fighting off sore throat. :P
For tea, mom made cempedak and pisang goreng. She refrigerated the cempedak so that it could last until we got back. Awww, it was so nice of her.
Since I'm supporting my sister and brother at Siemens Run this coming Sunday, I could only spend Saturday at kampung. Hopefully I can get a lot done on that day.
Although one sister and I went out on 3 manggis-picking shifts (Saturday morning and afternoon, and Sunday morning), by the time we returned to the starting point, more manggis had ripened overnight. We were kind of frustrated for not having enough time and hands to help my parents out. It would be nice to just take the week off and lepak kampung. I won't mind... if there's internet. Orang bandar tul :D
Amoi mana la ni? :D
It'll save time if you could collect more manggis before transferring them into the wheelbarrow.
Sometimes you can't help it but to crack open a few of them and pop them into your mouth. But now I'm paying for it as I'm fighting off sore throat. :P
If you can't reach the ones at the top, you have an excuse to climb up the trees. Kecik-kecik tak leh panjat pokok :D
Lunch and dinner menu: Siput sedut (balitong) masak lemak, kerang rebus, daging sup, tempoyak. Ah, simply delish
(Back to the scrawny issue, my sisters and mom clapped their hands in joy when I helped myself with seconds at dinner. Apalah, I do tambah nasi okay, mind you. :P hehehe)For tea, mom made cempedak and pisang goreng. She refrigerated the cempedak so that it could last until we got back. Awww, it was so nice of her.
What we managed to collect from our (so-called) outings. Alhamdulillah.
This one picture is a tribute to Deo who has a pet kambing. :)
Dad has a few goats for "main-main" (as he puts it) to keep him occupied at the kampung. I seldom go up into the kandang (pen) because I can't stand the smell. It's the same with their meat. If I can smell it, you can have my share. Oh, I'm sure you'll like that :DSince I'm supporting my sister and brother at Siemens Run this coming Sunday, I could only spend Saturday at kampung. Hopefully I can get a lot done on that day.
nice ! i love manggis, how come u got sore throat eating maggis? its cooling, makan durian ya lah panas .. apa pun manggis rock lol
ReplyDeleteHmmm the siput sedut looks so yummy!!! Oh man, you have goats as pets too. They must be either Jamnapari or Boer. Oh, I miss my goat. :-p
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete@kak June: tekak tak biasa mkn byk kot? maybe sebab penangan rambutan gak?
ReplyDelete@Deo: they're offsprings kacukan Boer & kambing biasa, i think. bukan reti sgt pun. somehow when i think of "pets", they're like those we'll take them into the house. hehehe. apa nama your pet tu?
tsar, where's this place? lots of manggis reminds me of my heydays in muar. cousin & me spent half a day on the tree itself feasting. so, we have purple hands, purple clothes and whack from mom.
ReplyDelete@Diket: lubok cina melaka in b/w linggi/masjid tanah. hahaha. kena whack pun tak pe, janji perut kenyang. :)
ReplyDeletepicking manggis needs skill, me sure flunk big time but eating manggis, I can be in the front pack.
ReplyDeleteLapor ler plak tgk gambar-gambar di atas :D
haahh diket gelak besar i read ur cerita .. but yeah whack pun berbaloi kan? manggis is my favourite, kan also ppl say buah hitam manis? hehehe although now I think i qualify more of hitam pekat mwah ha ha
ReplyDelete@Ziff: kalau cam tu, bole join Diket atas pokok balun manggis :D
ReplyDelete@kak June: hahaha. tak pe, yg penting the inside is putih & manis, right? the outside doesn't matter one. hehe
I also love manggis!!! And i dont have sore throat!! lol
ReplyDeleteKampung lifestyle is great, so laidback... too bad cant spend much time kat kampung nowadays... asyik kerja, lari, family.. huh
ReplyDeletei'm going to have to bill you zarin. baru je dapat laptop balik (screen died) dah drooled on it again. ;)
ReplyDeletemanggis rocks! dah berkurun tak makan... and siput sedut.. mmmmm eh, raya nanti buah dah habis ke?
@sila: Hahaha. Gelak aku baca komen kau. But, the screen died? Itu bukan sebab pasal drooling ni. It must be because you wanted to eat your screen. Cakap betul2. *lol*
ReplyDeleteok i admit it, you got me.. ;)
ReplyDelete