tukang petik manggis part-time

When I gave Dad a call last Wednesday to inform him and mom of our (including the other siblings) intention to balik kampung for the weekend, he told us not to come back that late ("Janganlah balik lambat nah").  He was referring to the fact that weeks prior to the KL Marathon, I'd only arrive after lunch or even later in the afternoon.  Now that KL marathon was done and dusted and I was still in my zero week(s), I didn't have to worry about putting in an LSD.


When we arrived, a durian-filled wheel barrow was already waiting for us.  Nice!  But first things first.  I had to attend to the manggis.  The durians can wait :)


Eh, going to the office are we?

Do we have what it takes for a "pak pacak" gig? *lol*


"Yang ni boleh ambik.  Yang tu tak leh" - Giving some pointers to the nephew.  :)


Dokongs.  Saving them for my eldest brother.


Rambutans.  They're the job for my younger brother.  It's all about delegation, people. ;)
 
The nephews
One of dad's friends came by the house and I overheard dad telling him "Lah, kan dah kata jangan datang Sabtu dan Ahad" (Eh, didn't I let you know not to come on the weekends?)  Hahaha.  Apparently Dad had put out the word to would-be-buyers not to come on the weekends because his kids were coming back.  Love you Dad! :)


Alhamdulillah.  The harvest by lunch time.  We went to cover the remaining trees later in the afternoon; not before lunch and a nap.



As a reward, the lunch spread mom had cooked for us - Udang masak lemak, sup daging dan tempoyak.  Yummy!


Alhamdulillah, this year 4 types of fruits are ripening at the same time.  The durians and manggis always complement each other.  In the past, the rambutan and dokong seasons were a couple of months later.  They may not be a lot, but they're enough for internal or local consumption.


Before returning to KL on Sunday, my parents asked me if I'd be coming back next weekend?  Dad made a short statement - "minggu depan manggis lagi banyak"  (There'll be more mangosteens next week).   Sure thing Dad.  I'll be glad to help out with the picking.  I just hope there are still some durians left next week.  Insya-AllahUpah (Commission). Hehehe.

Comments

  1. bestnya manggis.... and the udang! yummehhh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyo such mouth watering buahs lol. long time tak dapat gi kebun makan buah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're in the same kapal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Deo: thanks for dropping by. bole ke manggis-loading for your seremban 1/2? :)

    @Yim: jemput2. ada rezeki, adalah buah. but it's 1.5hours from kl lah. have to bgtau/rsvp first. bole le kemas apa2 yg patut. nanti segan kat guests :D

    @Haza: sure are! when i saw your post the other day, i was like, eh similar to what i was thinking to write! :D sama pun sama lah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much mouth watering fruits and dishes....i loike.....the durians, mangosteens and the prawns.... so yummy.....

    thanks for the mangosteens.... terima kasih daun keladi... kalau ada bawak lah lagi... hehehhe.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @shahi: insya-Allah, kalau ada rezeki :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok i think i just drooled on my keyboard a bit. :) yummy. dah le dengan durian, manggis, dokong, the lauk pauk looks so good too. especially the udang.

    wooo! best nye :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sila: oops, sori sengaja... eh, silap. tak sengaja. hehehe. those are without my intervention. tu yg nampak sedap kot? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. manggis is my fav. Ur Kg in N9??

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ziff: actually in lubok cina, melaka but @ border N9-melaka.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment