My mom is in town for this whole week. For one week, I don't have to worry about iftar (breaking of fast). :) So, 2 days ago I took advantage of it and went running/jogging/lari geli-geliman; just strike-off those that you feel don't apply. :)
Since I started running, two Ramadhans had come and gone. And for those 2 months, I had stored away my running shoes and shoved running onto the sidelines. Thus, I wasn't sure how my body would react. I was okay with a meager 2 to 3 KM run.
With slightly more than a kilometre in, the sky opened up. It was Godsend, I'm telling you. I was able to go farther than expected. By the time I reached home, I had logged 9km plus/minus on my Nike+.
Yesterday, I gave running before iftar another test drive. It had just stopped raining before I reached home, so I knew it was going to be hot and humid. I would still be fine with any distance. To make the run more enjoyable, I chose another route because I wanted to see how many params (short for pasar Ramadhan's, i.e. Ramadhan markets) I could find in the neighbourhood. :)
| The sun was out after it had been raining |
| #1 - Param Cheras Indah |
| #2 - Pandan Jaya |
| #4 - Kampung Pandan |
| #5 - at the flats before Desa Pandan |
| #6 - Desa Pandan - it was set up along 3 streets |
| Pak Ya's popiah stall @ Desa Pandan. Surprisingly, the line was short, so I might as well queue up. |
| I got my popiah, so it was time to double back. Hahaha. I wonder what went through people's minds when they saw me running with the packed food. :D |
| Traffic jam. Kesian. |
| #7 - in Tesco's parking lot |
There you have it. 7 params along the 9km route! The distance should be lesser because I headed back after Desa Pandan, passing by Tesco Ampang.
I'm sending my mom back to Melaka on Saturday. Hopefully I could find time to run again soon. I tried setting up my alarm for a run before sahur last Saturday, but since I retired to bed late, I was dead tired when my alarm went off. Apalagi, sambung balik tidur sampai sahur le. Hehehe As to running at night, I'm not sure if I could set aside some time after terawikh and before bed. I already had less sleep time as it is; I have dark circles around my eyes as proof. :P I think I'd resort to running before iftar then.
7 params within 9km is good! Haha. I presumed you're staying around Kg. Pandan area. It is a very busy and hectic place, even on other months.
ReplyDeleteWah well done :)
ReplyDeleteBro, 9km is much much better than 7params... well done! Gua masih berhibernasi di bulan ramadhan huhu!
ReplyDeleteWowie ... you can start drafting a book on 'the joys of running and param-ing' :)
ReplyDelete7 sekali? omak ai!! menarik tu...lain kali ambik gambar close up kuih..bagi terliur sikit...
ReplyDeletePopia kg pandan tu mmg popular tp tak pernah rasa sbb Q dia panjang mcm beli tiket wayang...
tahniah krn dpt berlari dan beli popia sekali
7 params stops within 9km distance? This is even better than marathon's water stations which are normally 2km apart.
ReplyDeletei thot this was yim's blog..he he
ReplyDeletecongrats on your running, see u at genting trailblazer with your partner (k.june kan?)
@Diket: Yup, close by. Nearer to Cheras Indah & Pdn Jaya. Don't let me start on MRR2...
ReplyDelete@kak June: thanks for that
@Zaki: Thanks. Yeah. Back-to-back 9K was more than I could ask for. Dah ada 'kasut raya' tu kena le keluar dari hibernasi ;)
@Yim: Haha. You can help me pen it. And there are more here - Pdn Indah, Tmn Dagang, Nirwana and in between! Instead of "Jalan-jalan cari makan", it can be "Lari-lari cari param" lol!
@Ijam: Tak singgah pun, kecuali beli popiah. Kalau singgah, tu bukan jogging namanye. hehehe. Lagipun aku bau masyam. Nak beratur popia tu segan. :D You can go ahead and steal my idea. You have way better camera ;)
@Nik: Definitely! Sib baik puasa. Kalau tak, dah singgah minum ngan makan :D
@Ray: No lah. Yim has better pictures and write-ups. McIjam's and yours have funnier captions to go along with the pictures :) Err, kak June ada partner lain tu. If I go, I'm more of a spectator :)
haah Ray, sempat lagi tu serkap jarang LOL kelakar sungguh :)
ReplyDeletehe he siapa agaknya? ni mesti Yim nih:)
ReplyDeletekak june bukan dgn yim, entah dgn sapa tah...tapi dgn sapa pun, dua2 kita humban dalam paya keruh tu...muah ha ha...!!
ReplyDeletewahh killer clowns on the loose :)
ReplyDeletehahah, first of all apsal ray kata yim? curios nak tau .. amboi Ijam, silap haribulan we yang humban you dengan burger2 u sekali (siapa yang terjun dengan labu2 nya tu?? lupa lah hah)
ReplyDeletezarin, dah jadi tempat lambung lak kat sini hehe
peh.. ganas gila clown ni. Betul2 macam clown "It". hehehe.
ReplyDeletekak June, Luncai tu. Man, lawak gile wayang Luncai tu dulu. "putus, aku punya putus" Hahaha.
sila-sila. lambung mcm rumah sendiri. ;)
From last year, I don't think I've been to any bazaar Ramadan... not even once.
ReplyDeleteDah le kacau jalan nak pergi ambik Irfan dari sekolah. Nanti aku drive through all the stalls baru tau.
haaa si luncai, i was racking my brains tak ingat LOL .. gosh, I am "getting" old hehe
ReplyDelete@bg Hisham: haha, sabar-sabar. i last went to the one in Pdn Indah 2 years ago I think. no more. no more. hehe
ReplyDelete@kak June: hehehe. bukan kot. the name rarely comes up in daily conversation ;)
wah dude, memang ketagih the endorphins ni? my dad dulu pun, played tennis right before maghrib so he could get his fix in. :D
ReplyDelete@sila: yup. tu le. sekrg ni ketagih balik ni. mmmmm
ReplyDelete