Yesterday, I had 3 to 4 hours to kill while my car was being serviced. What better way to do it than to shop for Raya, right? Well, not if you're not the shopping type. I generally spend 1, 2 hours tops if I do go out shopping. Less if I've already done a recon, gathered intel and strategized the plan of execution, beforehand.
Anyway, I headed out to Jalan Masjid India to try out my luck in getting myself Baju Melayu. I did not place a very high expectation that I'll return home with a pair. Back in my mind, I knew that there's always last year's. *lol*
I'd reached the end of the street, where Semua House is located. A couple of stores left to be surveyed and there was a big chance that I'd go back empty-handed. A fact that I'm always prepared for. However, I found a pair, with the top fit me well. The pants needed some minor alteration, but it was something that the store could cater for. Without it, I'd call them my Aladdin pants. :D
I was craving for Nando's, so I proceed to Sogo. Little did I know Sogo was having Members Day sale. Usually I'd stay away from crowded malls because of the long queues for technically everything, especially changing rooms and cash registers. Those are still manageable to some degree, but what I dread the most is parking. That's usually the deal breaker if I'm driving to a particular place. Anyhow, I've decided to roam the floors of Sogo because "a", I wasn't looking for anything in particular. "b", I came by LRT, and "c", I still had 1.5 hours to kill, not counting the ride back home.
I have a few pictures to help to tell the rest of the story.
| Lots of people. And it was the undergarments bin! |
| The queue for the cash registers |
I moved on to the Children's floor.
| This is what I called - "Kuak orang, baru nampak lantai" (You'd only see the floor after brushing aside the people) :-) |
My sister had once recommended me to search for clothes in the Children's section. Apparently, her boss is a petite lady, so she's able to get kids sizes. So what did I do? I wanted to test my sister's theory, so I grabbed a shirt with the biggest size that they have and took refuge in the changing room. Hahaha. I believe I got stares from a couple of dads, but I tried not to make eye contact. I wonder what went through their minds when they saw me exiting the changing booth. *lol*
| A size-14 Kiko. Hahaha. But I don't think I want to walk around with a huge Kiko logo on my shirt. Man, I need to build my upper body quick! :'D |
I then made my way to the Sports section.
| The practically empty Sports section except for a few lost souls |
I was doing great for not buying anything, including at the Kids' floor... until I saw a fairly-reasonable priced Mizuno running tights. Hahaha. Talk about impulse shopping. They were good excuse in case I choose to do LSDs during puasa time, although it'd be highly unlikely. It's the thought that counts right? :)
You'd think I was done with Raya shopping? Well... probably. But I still need to come back during Ramadhan, because my mom would like to come back to KL in the next couple of weeks to do some shopping. Guess who's the designated driver? :P
| These are some of the running vests/T's that I haven't worn yet. Can I just wear them for Raya? Hehehe |
| The Blue-mosque-inspired Masjid Wilayah |
Ramadhan is just around the corner. I'm reminding myself, "Ramadhan is a fasting month, and not a feasting month". But with bigger holes in my pocket for overshooting the budget, I don't much to worry of, do I? :P
Jom kita tingkatkan ibadah sepanjang Ramadhan al-Mubarak. Insya-Allah.
Cool outing. Last Saturday was the worse traffic jam all over KL. One of it I heard was of course SOGO.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, selamat menyambut Ramadhan :)
tu makcik tu kenapa mata dia kena tutup tu? mcm tak mahu di kenali ke?
ReplyDeleteGambar masjid wilayah tu, baru aku teringat ada satu dua bijik gambar tu kat dlm simpanan tabung buluh aku.
So, boleh le ucap selamat berpuasa background gambar masjid...he, he...thanks kerana bagi idea...
wohoo...
Wah cepat shopping bro?!
ReplyDeleteBtw, I've been looking for a mizuno tights for some time now, thanks for the info. Places I went to, semua dah abisss. Lunch hour nak gi tengok...huhu
@Diket: yup, and that was just the preview of what's to come. *sigh* kena pergi sana sesudah subuh kot nanti? hahaha
ReplyDelete@Ijam: kasi can kat dia. muka cam ngeluh tension shopping org ramai.
np, go ahead. bukan copyright or trademark pun. sila, sila. looks like have to check your blog updates manually.
@Zaki: kebetulan ada masa. There were still some, but I can't promise you on the sizes. Wah, your office in KL? senang le gi sana
pakai ajelah all the vest for raya, orang tanya kata set new trend he he ;o) i hate raya shopping!
ReplyDelete@kak June: ok gak tu. but maybe not the ones yg sleeveless :D kalau yg tulis FMV sure will cause a ruckus. hehehe
ReplyDeletehhaah virgin berhari raya, ok what? lol .. selamat bersahur dan berpuasa !
ReplyDeletea belated ramadhan mubarak, zarin! and selamat hari raya, maaf zahir dan batin :)
ReplyDelete