My sister and I left the house at six. Knowing that it has been raining for the past hour, I opted for the MEX highway. The rain picked up a few more notches just as we passed by the Salak South toll plaza.
| Heavy rain on the way to Putrajaya. |
To our surprise, it was clear skies as we were approaching Putrajaya. Not a single dark cloud in sight. Nice.
| Not a single drop of rain! |
After collecting my glowies from Che and wishing him the best of luck and fun, I picked up my sticker from Karen. Kak June, Yim and Shuk were among the people that I met there as well.
| Zigman Che with other challengers. |
| I didn't have extra pins to secure it on my vest. Sorrylah Karen. My calves are not big enough. And it fell off at PICC. |
Last week was actually the second week into the Hal Higdon's marathon training regimen for Penang Marathon. Coincidentally, Shape Run's distance is close to the 11.2km LSD requirement. Perfect! I was planning to do a "geli-geleman" pace anyway. ;) Last year, I suffered stomach cramps just 2 kilometers in. Ouch!
This year, I didn't have any assigned supporters/cheerleaders (read: tukang pegang beg dan kamera *lol*) so I was only confined to my mobile phone; my other sister had a function to attend. Thus, I don't have any good pictures to share with you readers. Perhaps I have to invest in those water-resistant PnS camera.
I was running with my sister at the start, but I lost her at the PICC bridge. Other familiar faces that I bumped into during the run, were those of Azza, Chia Kai and KA. I was surprised that CK was slow, but I believe he was pacing someone, with the distinctive FMV vest. As for KA, he was slowed down by his skirt. I kept seeing him stopped running to adjust his skirt. He definitely needs to get one of his size. :'D
| Blame it on my not-so-great camera hp. :P |
| On the PICC bridge |
| Did anyone else notice that PICC looked like a grinning frog (with teeth) that nite? Unfortunately my camera was awful in low light |
I finished the run at the time of 1:20:41. Okay la tu for a jog. But I couldn't help but to pick up the pace in the last 2km. Judging those who finished the race together with me, I definitely have a slower Split2 timing :)
... Shape Run's gonna be an annual event for me. I don't really need the rubber. lol!
lol ... surely loved those pics, very creative indeed hehehe. Will see you kat PBIM doing the full kan. Train smart for now ya. Oh and good job finishing the run!
ReplyDeleteEh tak abis2 ngan rubber ko tu :)
KA was adjusting something else kot :)
still nice compare to mine yg pictureless! :P good luck for PBIM then?
ReplyDeleteapa pun you had fun and finished the run kan? good luck for PBIM, see u there insyaallah!
ReplyDeletemcm mana aku tak dpt entry ni? ciss..
ReplyDeletepatutla aku ternampak ada satu sticker org asli kat atas jalan, kau punya la tu...
bosan betul takde manggis kali ni, dah la tk dapek ari tu...
@Yim: thanks Yim. Yes siree, I have signed up for PBIM, but not sure if I could do LSDs during puasa.
ReplyDeleteHaha, tak leh nak tiup belon tahun ni.
@Che: Eh, you have your own camera crew apa. ;)
@kak June: Yes, apa yg penting? Kerjasama. Eh, bukan... Sukaria! ;)
@McIjam: I only saw a glimpse of you at the front. So it wasn't my sticker. :)
Err, manggis? Err, err...