Nike 10k on 10.10.10

Just another short post for me.  What do you expect?  It's just a 10K right?  He he he.

As a Nike+ sportsband user, I registered for Nike City 10k Run to provide my support to KL.  I just checked the "KL vs SG" challenge on Nikerunning website, and we are trailing SG by about 14 thousand kilometers.  Yikes! That's a lot of mileage to catch up, let alone overtake.  But the one thing I learned from those who ran the TNF, we shouldn't be throwing in the towel, no matter what.  (Btw, I salute the TNF kings and queens!)

I clocked 20 seconds shy off the hour mark.  My first sub-hour official timing!  Ha ha ha.  I know it's not a great timing, but I'll take it anytime ;)  The stretch on AKLEH (running up the incline and making the u-turn) reminded me of the Penang Bridge Half-marathon.  At the 5km mark right, I was some 3-4 minutes off the sub-hour pace, so I had some work to do.  Good thing my rusty engines came through in the last few KMs.  :)

Ok lah, time for pictures.
Time to enter the "kandang" :)
The starting line.  Obviously, it was taken by my younger brother.

This is dedicated to the RBUs participating in the Genting Trailblazer at the end of the month; no cropping was done here ;)

Macam kenal je mamat pakai bandanna merah ni.  I believe this was Ray, but as I was about to tap him on the shoulders, he was already on his way to the front of the pack.  Oh well.

The starting line.
 
What about this finisher's medal?  I should use an eye-screw to make the modification permanent, instead of using tape :)

Here are some post-race pictures, mostly taken at the mini-concert.
Looks like somebody was taking a study break from PMR to join in the run.  Nice!
JJ from Hitz.fm was the MC.

Bunkface

One Buck Short

Rich from Estranged


Pop Shuvit.  My brother stayed for their performances, while I joined my elder brother for some maggi goreng at Pelita.  Heh heh heh.

Comments

  1. Congrats zarin on sub-1..

    ler ramai rupernya lari Nike run nih...woit gambar curik dari belakang..he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run and great time for post run you had there bro. Congratulations for sub-1 hour. Rusty engine can still do miracles tau :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it were Adidas, I'd be the first one to sign up for this run ... :)

    good to know that u had fun and the bands were all well-selected!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janji hv fun and congrats on ur pb!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations...yang penting lari..sihatkan badan...
    lemak kuih raya pun belum habis keluar lagi ni...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zarin, dunno you're there. Anyway, great run bro, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks to all sbb datang blog yg bersawang ni dan tinggalkan komen :)

    @Ray: kena le amik gambar dari belakang. hang lari berdesup.

    @Diket: kena taruk byk lagi WD40 ni :)

    @Ian: you'd be no. 3. #1 and #2 will be taken by Ray & Yim. hehehe

    @kak June: Yup yup. apa yg penting? have fun!

    @Ijam: oh, don't remind me!

    @Zack: same here; didn't know you'd be there too. nampak Ray pun kejap. tup2 dah ke depan

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah, best2 gak band for the post race gig. ape pun congrats for pb! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment