It has been a year and a half since I did a general screening test. What better time it is to do so when you're about to turn a year older right? *erk*
So, I got the results today. And guess what, I still have the LDL to be contend with. Oops. Looking at it positively, my good cholesterol has increased to 1.84 (from 1.56), while the bad has reduced slightly to 2.74 (from 3.01). Still... These are the 4 items the doctor has scribbled down that I should reduce their intakes - peanuts, shelled seafood, red meat and eggs (to 3 per week). Ni sure penangan Raya sebeluan tu kot? Hahaha, alasan!
Before she read out the test results to me, I showed her this.
She apologized and explained that the bruising occurs because of blood had oozed out from the punctured vein and pressure wasn't applied properly. She continued by saying that it would take about 2 weeks to heal. And during the healing process, it would change colour from red to black to purple and then yellow. I believe she even mentioned the colour green somewhere in between, no?
It doesn't hurt, but it sure looks nasty.
So, I got the results today. And guess what, I still have the LDL to be contend with. Oops. Looking at it positively, my good cholesterol has increased to 1.84 (from 1.56), while the bad has reduced slightly to 2.74 (from 3.01). Still... These are the 4 items the doctor has scribbled down that I should reduce their intakes - peanuts, shelled seafood, red meat and eggs (to 3 per week). Ni sure penangan Raya sebeluan tu kot? Hahaha, alasan!
Before she read out the test results to me, I showed her this.
![]() |
| Macam kena belasah/eksiden/jatuh/dll ... |
It doesn't hurt, but it sure looks nasty.

You mean the bruising where they stuck the needle in for the blood sample? If they didnt get the vein, it will bruise but will heal over a few days or so. Means, the nurse tak expert lah.
ReplyDeleteKeep with the exercises too, it will bring it down. I used to be bad for both LDL and HDL. After about a year, it was picture perfect. Jaga makan? Belasah je lol
it was the in-house doctor. ooops. but, she was good. perhaps she didn't get to practice for some time.
ReplyDeleteapparently, blood leaked into (under) the skin and caused the bruising. I double-checked her statement and internet, e.g. Yahoo!Answers
Yup, since i do my runs, I belasah aje. Hence the bad LDL. oops. yeah, I read that in your post on your medical checkup. salut!
Hmm times up for my screening too lol just exercise as u r doing now lah sure Ada improvement nanti :)
ReplyDeleteI never did screen test (sounds like Seniman Bujang Lapok daaa...Lol). Perhaps should do one nanti. Good news with your new LDL & HDL levels. Keep on running bro!
ReplyDeleteits the food that always be the culprit no? :) moderation is what i do. but cakap org je lebih, im still caffeine addict :P
ReplyDeleteyup, dont stop exercising, even a simple mean of climbing your office stairs :)
jangan sampai bila lari keluar darah pulak kat tempat tu, kalau darah keluar kat mulut tengok amoi ok lagi...ha, ha, ha...
ReplyDeleteAiyaa.. saya sudah lama tarak bikin itu pemeriksaan darah.
ReplyDeleteSuatu masa dulu kolesterol tinggi mencanak, bahana membaham nasi lemak tanpa belas kasihan tiap2 pagi.
@kak June: ada la alasan jumpa cute doktor lagi. lol!
ReplyDelete@Diket: take 1! hehe
yup, it's good to know these things. lawatlah klinik/hospital panel anda yang berdekatan :)
@Che: betul tu, kena berpada2. now I'm hooked to Barbican. hep!
@Ijam: .. dan sampai mata berdarah gak. hahaha
@EnAiKay: elok gak check utk peringatan. kalau LDL low, kita celebrate makan lamb mandy! :D
hmm, baru nak tanya Doctor tu cun ker tak? hehe. Aku pun dah lama x buat screening. kurang2 pun nak tgk level cholesterol and glucose
ReplyDelete@Ziff: betul, betul. company tak suruh pun, tapi nak gak tahu kan? tgk berapa byk lagi boleh belasah makan :)
ReplyDelete