By the time I reached home on Sunday night, my car has traveled 367.6km in a day. It may not be a lot to some, but for somebody who doesn't like to do lots of driving (moi), it was still something. Cheras-Genting-Shah Alam-Tg Ipoh (N9)-Selayang-Cheras. I left the house at about 6:20a and came back at 9p. And at both times, it was dark out.
At first I was contemplating whether I should even go to Genting, from the night before till the point of closing the house door behind me. Bukannya masuk pun. I didn't register knowing that PBIM would be 3 weeks after. I didn't want to aggravate my knee injury prior to PBIM. I had already a scare on Friday night when I felt twitchings in my knee. Coupled with the thought I had a 32k LSD on my plate, I was concerned. I was aware of how I had to abort my 32K LSD at the 27K mark weeks before SCKLM.
So Saturday came. There were times when I felt some sensation in my knee area but that was all about it. Alhamdulillah. Apart from avoiding puddles and splashes on Jalan Ampang, it was fun to run in the wet. To onlookers and road users, I may look like a mad man. So what?! :) I couldn't help but to sing "Running in the rain" to the tune of Gene Kelly's "Singing in the rain", even tho' I knew nothing of the lyrics *lol* Like what I commented in Syah's blog, it was God-sent that it rained when I was 10km into my LSD. Had it rained when I was still at home, I would have continued sleeping. :P
It stopped raining when I reached KLCC. KLCC was such a contrast to the weekend before. There was only like 3 other runners and the park workers. After a loop around KLCC, I heard somebody plodding behind me, catching up. It was none other than my elder brother. We finally have an LSD together. Yay! After the second loop, the sky opened up again. Awesome! My brother and I parted ways after running 2 loops of KLCC park together.
Ok, back to Trailblazer. Sorry about that. So... Genting was more to check out the atmosphere, and at the same time to take the opportunity to meet with the rest of the RBUs.
Genting it is then.
After a quick stop at Taman Melati's MickeyD's drive thru, I continued driving towards Awana. With a Sausage McMuffin in one hand and steering wheel in the other. Ok, ok I shouldn't have done that. So does anyone know where I get a hands-free burger eating device? :D
Once I parked my car at Awana, I headed out towards the football field. The RBUs weren't that hard to find. After weaving and out of the crowd, I found their lepaking area. So, it was nice to finally place names with faces and meet them in person. It's easier when you see their pictures blog in and blog out. :)
After all of the contestants were flagged off by category, it got so quiet till you could hear... err, somebody farted? Hahaha. Okay, that was a bit inappropriate. Just a bit :) What a better way to kill time other than Angry Birds and WordUp! *lol*
Shall we go to the pictures then? Unfortunately, you guys need to come up with better captions on your own.
At first I was contemplating whether I should even go to Genting, from the night before till the point of closing the house door behind me. Bukannya masuk pun. I didn't register knowing that PBIM would be 3 weeks after. I didn't want to aggravate my knee injury prior to PBIM. I had already a scare on Friday night when I felt twitchings in my knee. Coupled with the thought I had a 32k LSD on my plate, I was concerned. I was aware of how I had to abort my 32K LSD at the 27K mark weeks before SCKLM.
So Saturday came. There were times when I felt some sensation in my knee area but that was all about it. Alhamdulillah. Apart from avoiding puddles and splashes on Jalan Ampang, it was fun to run in the wet. To onlookers and road users, I may look like a mad man. So what?! :) I couldn't help but to sing "Running in the rain" to the tune of Gene Kelly's "Singing in the rain", even tho' I knew nothing of the lyrics *lol* Like what I commented in Syah's blog, it was God-sent that it rained when I was 10km into my LSD. Had it rained when I was still at home, I would have continued sleeping. :P
It stopped raining when I reached KLCC. KLCC was such a contrast to the weekend before. There was only like 3 other runners and the park workers. After a loop around KLCC, I heard somebody plodding behind me, catching up. It was none other than my elder brother. We finally have an LSD together. Yay! After the second loop, the sky opened up again. Awesome! My brother and I parted ways after running 2 loops of KLCC park together.
Ok, back to Trailblazer. Sorry about that. So... Genting was more to check out the atmosphere, and at the same time to take the opportunity to meet with the rest of the RBUs.
Genting it is then.
After a quick stop at Taman Melati's MickeyD's drive thru, I continued driving towards Awana. With a Sausage McMuffin in one hand and steering wheel in the other. Ok, ok I shouldn't have done that. So does anyone know where I get a hands-free burger eating device? :D
Once I parked my car at Awana, I headed out towards the football field. The RBUs weren't that hard to find. After weaving and out of the crowd, I found their lepaking area. So, it was nice to finally place names with faces and meet them in person. It's easier when you see their pictures blog in and blog out. :)
After all of the contestants were flagged off by category, it got so quiet till you could hear... err, somebody farted? Hahaha. Okay, that was a bit inappropriate. Just a bit :) What a better way to kill time other than Angry Birds and WordUp! *lol*
Shall we go to the pictures then? Unfortunately, you guys need to come up with better captions on your own.
Random pictures
Nik and Diket took the time for pictures. Siap ada aksi terjun lagi.
Yim and che. Yim was really swimming in the mud pool. Tengok gambar tu, ada gaya buaya tak? :D The last picture looked like he kicked Che off the platform. Gurau saje ye Yim. Hehehe.
Then my camera's battery died. I should have recharged it last nite! Unfortunately I have to rely on my cellphone.
The Clowns. No wonder Ijam was laughing, 'coz I got to know from his blog he lost his shoe in the water. And Ray looked like he was having a ball. :)
Dett and Shuk. Suka Syuk masuk dalam air.
Zaki and Ziff. Keep up the good team work guys. A good practice for TNF ;)
I left at noon since I had to attend a friend's wedding in Tanjung Ipoh, Negeri Sembilan (passed Ulu Bendul). But first I have to pick up another friend in Shah Alam. Jauh tu detour, tapi kawan punya pasal, tak kisah. :)
On the way down from Genting, I just had to make a quick stop at Genting View Resort. Not one, but 3 people invited me to their birthday celebration do for Nik and Diket. But I was at the wrong place. It was actually held at the clubhouse and not the reception. Oops. Anyway, next time insya-Allah.
Cutting the story short, we arrived at Tanjung Ipoh. The food was simply delishh! Daging salai masak lemak, ayam masak merah, ayam masak kunyit, rendang daging... I went through 2 helpings considering that I only had a sausage mcmuffin in the morning and a ikan bilis bun on the way to Shah Alam :)
The last stop was in Selayang, to visit a friend. We got to know of some not-so-good news from her and she's still waiting for the results of her second biopsy. We're praying for your health, my friend!
Before you know it, it was the end of the weekend. Gosh! For weekends like this one, I deserve an extra day off, don't you think? He he he.








kesian zarin .. and we did not exchanged phone numbers :( takpe selalu ada makan hehe and nice team pictures of the RBUs ..
ReplyDeleteHehe thanks for the obstacle pictures! Thought there wouldnt be any! And yes I tried swimming in the mud water for a while to see if that was easier. Nah, it was harder lol. Next year, masuk sekali and join the mud fun! Besh!
ReplyDeletemy bad, Zarin - should have nicked your hp no but we lost sight of you while waiting for Jaja's return. Do email me your hp to syahril.kamaruddin@gmail.com and i'll update it.
ReplyDeletegreat to have you around, bro... ni dah acclimatise, next year kita ramai2 lagi
Thanks for the photos Zarin. EnAikAY terkantoi di situ dgn aksi terlampau dia nak buat terjun summersault berputar ke dalam air selut.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you there bro!
You definitely should join this race next year.
kena jugak tangkap gambar candid adegan mandi selut tu..huhu...
ReplyDeleteit was fun!!!
great photos bro .... thank you. and it's a great pleasure to finally meet you in person (I just got to know that u are the 'atukZ' once I got back to KL. shucks!)
ReplyDeletewe will definitely chat longer next time ... :)
TQ bro for the pic. Ada jugak pics masa main lumpur. Too bad u could not join us for the makan2. Next time kita repeat :D
ReplyDeletep/s - budak Labu ker kahwin tu? Kau bila plak? ;-)
thanks for the pic bro. :) being there is something, thank u for that.
ReplyDeletehey all, fyi I also placed the pictures in My Picasa.
ReplyDelete@kak June: eh, no worries. cuma rasa rugi tak rasa kari anak mami :)
@Yim: the 1st picture, it was nice to have a pose shown from 2 different angles.
@Syah: Dah dpt berkat sbb pegang beg Jake Sully & pouch Diket. hehe. Tu le, baru nak start acclimatize. still lagi segan-segan badak lagi. :D
@EnAiKay: haha, itu le ingatkan nak terjun head first. make sure gambar tu kuar blog ;)
@Ijam: eh mesti le ada gambar. mmg syok tgk korang happy2 je masuk selut. tgk je le. :D
@Ian: oops. I should have properly introduced myself. duh! in the near future, God willing.
@Ziff: oooo, sempat lagi ye? pandaiii. a'ah, budak labu. 2nd marriage. tu yg dia tak nak kecoh2. aku yg 1st tak lepas2 lagi ni. hahaha.
@Che: cool! tak masuk pun, apa salahnya bagi support ye tak?
Zarin, next year you got to do this lah.. memang fun abis. And whenever diorang lambong ke FRIM, jom ikut sekali. Thanks for keeping my specs and taking our photos. Nanti gua cilok some ok? :)
ReplyDeleteby all means Zack.
ReplyDeleteoh lupa lak pasal your specs tu. byk berkat aku ambik hari tu -- pegangkan beg Syah, pouch Diket, specs kau. hehehe
First of all, I owe you one bro. Actually two! For helding on to my pouch and for the awesome pictures of us. We could really use more lambung peeps on our next race gathering. Nice to meet you in person Zarin. Jangan malu-malu. And good luck for PBIM!
ReplyDeleteBro, next year jgn lupa join GT ni ok. Kalau takde partner, calling2 lah aku. Mintak nombor phone aku kat Amsyah.
ReplyDelete@Diket: alah, small matter lah Diket. likewise, it's a pleasure to meet you and the others.
ReplyDeletebtw, you mean lambung-ed peeps? :D insya-Allah, sikit-sikit, malu/segan tu ilang.
@Deo: insya-Allah. setahun lagi tu... I believe that should be my line. kalau kau betul2 tak de partner, baru le carik aku. :D
the water pics reminded me of the kem bina semangat that we went through dulu :)
ReplyDeleteand what can i say but carry on with the good work of running, dude
@Sila: haha, kem bina semangat kat agro kuala pilah. oh man, that was worst than asrama days. if only we had digicam back then
ReplyDelete