Man, I love this song! I may be bias because of the title, but it is indeed a great, great song. And when we're speaking of Guns n Roses, you're bound to talk about Slash. I remembered seeing him performing in Nottingham circa 1995; My brother bought tickets to Slash and the Snakepit's performance. I knew nothing of their songs, but seeing Slash performed was my number one priority. He was rocking!
Anyhooo...
EnAiKay wrote birthday poems on his special day. I don't think I could justice with the poems, so I should not even attempt.
Thanks to Wikipedia, it made my research easier to find out more about this day in the Gregorian calendar
Let's see who else was born today, shall we?
1970 – Bill Guerin, American ice hockey player.
He did play for Boston Bruins for a period of time. Go Bruins!
1971 – David Duval, American golfer
I'm not a gold person, but at least I know who he is
1972 – Eric Dane, American actor
I suppose he's McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy, or was he McDreamy? I didn't watch the show to know that much.
1973 – Nick Lachey, American singer
The once-married-to-Jessica-Simpson dude
1974 – Alessandro Del Piero, Italian footballer.
One of the great stars in football.
1978 – Sisqó, American singer
1979 – Adam Dunn, American baseball player.
Since he played for Cinci Reds, I know next to nothing about him. But I did see him play when Sila and Vin "took me out to the ball game" in '08 :)
How about some great events that took place on this very fine day?
1906 – Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country. He did so to inspect progress on the Panama Canal.
I wonder how his passport photo looked like? hehe
1967 – First issue of Rolling Stone Magazine is published.
It's still in publication, so they must be doing something right. They did come up with lots of great covers
1985 – Garry Kasparov 22, of the Soviet Union becomes the youngest World Chess Champion by beating Anatoly Karpov, also of the Soviet Union.
I wonder if he still remembers the day
1994 – The chemical element Darmstadtium is discovered.
Err, sure... why not? LOL!
And to cap things off
On the 9th of November 1989, the Border separating Western from Eastern Germany was effectively opened. Hence it was the start of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
So what do I want for my birthday? How about... "World Peace".
In the mean time, I'm wishing for other things of course... *wink*
1973 – Nick Lachey, American singer
The once-married-to-Jessica-Simpson dude
1974 – Alessandro Del Piero, Italian footballer.
One of the great stars in football.
1978 – Sisqó, American singer
"On September 13, 2003, Sisqo was charged with assault, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest in relation to an incident in which he allegedly shot at a car from the front porch of his home in Randallstown, Maryland."Ok, maybe not. Scratch that one.
1979 – Adam Dunn, American baseball player.
Since he played for Cinci Reds, I know next to nothing about him. But I did see him play when Sila and Vin "took me out to the ball game" in '08 :)
How about some great events that took place on this very fine day?
- 1872 – The Great Boston Fire of 1872.
- 1888 – Jack the Ripper kills Mary Jane Kelly, his last known victim.
- 1913 – The Great Lakes Storm of 1913, the most destructive natural disaster ever to hit the lakes, destroys 19 ships and kills more than 250 people.
- 1937 – Japanese troops take control of Shanghai, China.
- 1963 – At Miike coal mine, Miike, Japan, an explosion kills 458, and hospitalises 839 with carbon monoxide poisoning. Also, in Japan, a three-train disaster occurs in Yokohama, kills more than 160 people.
1906 – Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country. He did so to inspect progress on the Panama Canal.
I wonder how his passport photo looked like? hehe
1967 – First issue of Rolling Stone Magazine is published.
It's still in publication, so they must be doing something right. They did come up with lots of great covers
1985 – Garry Kasparov 22, of the Soviet Union becomes the youngest World Chess Champion by beating Anatoly Karpov, also of the Soviet Union.
I wonder if he still remembers the day
1994 – The chemical element Darmstadtium is discovered.
Err, sure... why not? LOL!
And to cap things off
On the 9th of November 1989, the Border separating Western from Eastern Germany was effectively opened. Hence it was the start of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
So what do I want for my birthday? How about... "World Peace".
In the mean time, I'm wishing for other things of course... *wink*
The bestest history of all, a new person I befriended was born. Happy birthday bro! Wishing for prosperous years ahead :)
ReplyDeletehear hear, i second diket's say :) happy birthday zarin :)
ReplyDelete@Diket & kak June: Awwwwwww. You guys are way, way too kind. Thankssss.
ReplyDeleteeh, birthday ke? selamat menjalani kehidupan semasa hari jadi...(apa la aku merepek ni)
ReplyDeleteAisey... dah terlewat, tapi masih sempat lagi: happy bestday bro, err I mean happy birthday bro! err.. bagi dua-dua sekalilah! :P
ReplyDeleteSelamat Pengantin Baru bro!
ReplyDeleteWoops.. typo error pulak... i mean Happy B'day lah...
ya zarin selamat pengantin baru...ehh selamat hari lahir:)
ReplyDeletekita jumpa di penang nanti, ki lari HM ya?
mana tempat nak carboloading nasik kandar best di penang?
@Ijam: thx. baru le kita sebaya. sebaya kot, sbb tgk dulu Ray letak resit GT kat blog dia. :D
ReplyDelete@Zack Yui: terima kasih & terima kasih. ada setahun lagi utk next one, so sempat aje.
@EnAiKay: ecececeh (tiru DocJulin). salah taip pulak... apa2 pun, thanks.
@Ray: eh eh, dia pun sama. :P
insya-Allah jumpa kat sana. aku, err, masuk fun run 4 round. :D
kau tanya salah orang le. kena tanya anak mami tu. Diket pun terer gak bab2 makan kat Penang ni.
yelah, kena tanya anak mami nanti nak makan kat mana, deo ngan zaki dah kebulur nak makan nasi kandar lauk bapak ayam...extreme carbo load!!!...
ReplyDelete