Lain bahasa, lain maknanya

While driving around in Bukit Jalil (I'm not too sure what the new area is called), my colleague and I decided to be adventurous and had lunch at this one restaurant named Turkistan catering the dishes from that region.

Note: While googling for the restaurant just now, I came upon Ian's blog post.  Huh, how come I missed this one?

I don't plan to write up a review on our lunch.   The focus of this post is to highlight the name of one of the dishes in the menu that gave me a chuckled.  By the way, we had 2 chicken dishes - one was nice, while the other was a tad dry.  I would have liked the bagel-like bread to be a bit more fluffier.  Perhaps we should have ordered soup to eat it with?
Horse meat anyone?

Anyhow, I'll come to the dish later... Have to save the best for last right? :)

The vocabulary in one language is different from the next.   There are instances where certain words would have similar spelling, but that doesn't mean that they mean the same thing.
Take this cheese that I found in the dairy section of KLCC's Cold Storage.  I'm sure the way you'd pronounce it would be totally different.

How about this cracker that I got to try out when I was having hotel breakfast in Vienna?
Would you like to have some "Crack pain"?  LOL!

Okay, let's come back to the dish at Turkistan...  See it for yourself :)
Would you want to sample?
ROFLMAO!

Comments

Post a Comment