... for a whole 72 minutes! :D
I was contemplating whether I should even post this - tulis? tak tulis? tulis? tak tulis? - because I neither had any pictures to show nor I had a spectacular timing. But this being my online diary (or so-called), I should just pen it down for future reference.
I didn't consider this event at the first place, but seeing that Malakoff-12K fits in pretty nicely with Hal Higdon's post marathon training (altho' short of a week), I signed up for it. Besides, it keeps me motivated. Just the other day, I couldn't believe I told my cube neighbour "Malasnya nak lari" (I don't feel like running). I'm happy to tell you guys that I didn't slack off... at least on that day.
A friend commented on FB that Malakoff being a 12km-er, it'd be just a celah gigi (a stroll in the park). That wasn't in my mind at all. Firstly, I haven't even run more than 10K after PBIM. Secondly, you have to respect 'em hills.
I didn't get to survey the route prior to the race, thus the plan was to take it easy and learn the route as I run since we'll be doing 2 loops of it.
Did I say that I almost DNS the race? Yes... almost. I had set not one, but 2 alarms for that morning. It's been awhile since I woke up for an early morning run. One at 4am, and another at 5am; the latter to remind me that it's time to leave the house. Little did I know that the 4am alarm that I set was the one that I had used for my Saturday LSDs. Obviously, I was awaken at 5am! :P
Sure it was still early, but I'd like to find a parking spot closer to the start/finish line, and didn't want to rely on the bus service from Sri Hartamas.
Good thing I had everything prepared the night before. I was out of the house by 5:30. However, in my scrambling, I forgot to bring along my prepared Gatorade in my Ultimate Direction bottle. So I had make do with the mineral water bottle.
I found a parking spot near the Royal Selangor Club House entrance; if I had read about Yim's past post, I'd have some reservation about it. Alhamdulillah, no break-ins occurred in the vicinity.
I believe you'd get a better understanding of the event from Yim's post. All I want to report is:
Sure it was still early, but I'd like to find a parking spot closer to the start/finish line, and didn't want to rely on the bus service from Sri Hartamas.
Good thing I had everything prepared the night before. I was out of the house by 5:30. However, in my scrambling, I forgot to bring along my prepared Gatorade in my Ultimate Direction bottle. So I had make do with the mineral water bottle.
I found a parking spot near the Royal Selangor Club House entrance; if I had read about Yim's past post, I'd have some reservation about it. Alhamdulillah, no break-ins occurred in the vicinity.
I believe you'd get a better understanding of the event from Yim's post. All I want to report is:
- I finished the race in one piece, and that's always a good thing :)
- I didn't have to stop at the water station since I brought my own drink
- It was perhaps more of a jog or a run at slow pace, but I didn't walk *lol*
![]() |
| From "Mo Bahir" |
![]() |
| From "Malaysia Runners Network" |
That was my last official running event for 2010. I haven't really ironed out which runs I'd be going for next year. Tak banyak kot? (Not that many).
I know I'd like to better my SCKLM record, so I'd be signing up for that. To tell you the truth, there's one I've registered but I'll only let the cat out of the bag once I complete it; I pity the cat :D. Cakap sekarang tapi kalau tak buat, buat apa ye tak? :D
Here's to a wonderful 2011. Insya-Allah. Amin.
I know I'd like to better my SCKLM record, so I'd be signing up for that. To tell you the truth, there's one I've registered but I'll only let the cat out of the bag once I complete it; I pity the cat :D. Cakap sekarang tapi kalau tak buat, buat apa ye tak? :D
Here's to a wonderful 2011. Insya-Allah. Amin.
[update]
Here's a picture after going through the comments :D| taken from Edwinleap.com (post #736) |


Aisay, Ada cat in the bag?? Well here is to 2011! And yes, SCKLM is a must !
ReplyDeleteeh itu cat tak elok sipan dalam beg... bagi dia free jalan jalan :)
ReplyDeleteAn early Happy New Year to you Zarin...
Make it the cat in the hat? Good run there bro. Memang nampak macam celah gigi dengan senyuman lari naik bukit :)
ReplyDeleteSCKLM joms lsd sesame dengan kaum RBU. Pakcik Hal cakap 18 weeks program should start mid-Feb.
celah gigi ke celah bedah ke, asalkan dpt lari
ReplyDeletecelah gigi layan bukit Damansara tu power ler bro hehe. SCKLM 2011 kita musti piley
ReplyDeleteAiyoyo kesian the cat lah, nanti suffocate plak! A run is still is still a run lah, good job for completing injury free. since you want to better your scklm timing, perhaps its best to run with the group for your LSDs? Might provide the motivation required plus its heaps fun that way with the geng :)
ReplyDeletenow spill the cat will ya?
Jangan simpan itu kucing dalam beg lama lama nanti dia poo poo hehehe
ReplyDeletehey guys, checkout the newly added picture in my post. see, cat is still in the bag... and is pretty much alive. :D so, tak mengapa :)
ReplyDelete@kak June: hi-5!
@Syah: thanks. I'm sure your 2011 will be more happening ;)
@Diket: salah tu... macam aje. rempit bila nak habis je :) insya-Allah boleh join LSDs nanti, but don't have to wait up for me. I already chupped Ziff's snailpace title
@Ijam: mcm wedgie ... celah punggung. hahaha
@Ziff: last2 tu je picked up my pace. sib baik 11k. kalau lebih, mau tergolek mcm Little House on the Prairie :D
@Yim: thanks. you did much much better... in a sarong lagi :) Yup, may consider LSD with the group next year, if I can
@ZackYui: Hahaha... sorry bro, I don't have a comeback for that. Hahaha
i'm glad the cat still can breathe and stuff ;) but what's making me laugh is the chick in the red next to you in the pics. you nampak happy go lucky je lari, she looks pretty tired out and not to pleased about your happiness, no?
ReplyDelete@sila: well, may be not because of me per se. the girls were flagged off 10 mins earlier. and that was the last hill before the downhill to the finish line; naik turun bukit for 11km wasn't that much fun
ReplyDelete