I have this lying around in my Draft for some time , so I figured I might as well post it. I would have liked more content, but there can always be a second-parter later, right?
.....
Mom to elder brother (who also runs): Suka ke kurus-kurus ni? (Do you really like being thin?)
.....
My friend was picking on me and conversed with her son on a supposedly single and available female family friend.
My friend's son: Tapi Uncle Zarin kurus sangat. (But Uncle Zarin's skinny)
My friend's husband: Itu bisa diatur (That can easily be taken care of).
:P
.....
I met up with a friend from school a couple of months ago.
Him said to me: Laaa, tak makan ke? (Haven't you been eating?)
.....
Friend A: Who was the main actor in Titanic?
Friend B, almost instantly: Leonardo Da Vinci
.....
On a car ride back from lunch..
Note: Friend C is a friend who normally messes up people's names and stuff. and I have to state that he's Chinese; not for being racist but for the conversation that followed suit. So we came to a point at which we were talking about Bollywood movies.
Friend C: Yeah, yeah... I watched a Bollywood movie once. And the song was, Kuchi Kuchi Hota Hai.
Oh man, we burst out into spontaneous laughter. And you'd think it stopped there?
Friend C: I know who the main actor is... Shah Rukh Holmes.
and he said it confidently! We were a wreck after hearing that. ROFL!
.....
During the first few years of working, I used to watch midnight shows with my friend and then headed to Bangsar after, for snack (if you can consider nasi lemak ayam berempah as snacking :D). So, my friend would drive me back by 3 or 4.
This made Mom a bit concerned of me coming back late at night (or rather wee hours in the morning), tho in the weekend.
Mom: Nanti, apa kata jiran? (What would the neighbours say?)
Err, is it just me but I feel like her concern would only be valid if I were her daughter. Don't get me wrong. I love my Mom, but sometimes she makes me speechless. :)
shah rukh holmes? hahhahah
ReplyDeleteKuchi kuchi LOL
ReplyDeletefuh, macam2 cerita ada ni...
ReplyDeleteshah rukh holmes is my favorite!! lol!
ReplyDeletekata org, selalu lelaki lps kawin akan jadi gemuk.. so.. no worries.. hehehe..
ReplyDelete