LSD = Lubuk China slow distance

My LSD over the weekend was aptly named Lubuk China Slow Distance, because that was exactly where I was.

I had planned for an early morning run as always, but when I woke up on Saturday morning, I was feverish and with a sore throat.  Dang, there goes my LSD.  So the day pretty much went by with nothing more than taking my parents to the Masjid Tanah market at noon and watching the Australian Open on telly.

When it was nearing 6pm, I was still itching for a run.  I opted to balik kampung on Friday evening because of it.  And all of my running gears were all prepared before I went to bed the night before.  So it would be a waste not to go out for a run.  Fever or no fever.  Believe it or not, the closest that I came to a run was chasing after chickens days before Raya when I was a kid.  That or running away from lighted fireworks.  Hahaha.

The plan was to run cross the border and head out to the Sungai Timun jetty; Sungai Timun was made famous by Majalah Tiga for its tiger prawns and crocodiles.  That should pretty much cover 15k.  But since I started running late and haven't been to Sungai Timun before, I didn't go all the way to the jetty.
The sun at about 6:10pm when I started running, ikut jalan "baruh"
Welcome to Lubuk China
What's left of the old shoplots that used to define the Lubuk China town
New shoplots in town
Crossing the Melaka-Negeri Sembilan border.  Btw, don't be fooled by the Raja Melewar Muzium signboard - it's only the distance to the junction
New attraction in town.  And it's an ultra distance to PD ;)
So I took a detour taking the road towards Kota/Chengkau/Rembau for about a kilometer in...

Not to be mistaken as the infamous street in KL. :)
Everytime we passed by this house my mom would tell us the story, that apparently people in the house could hear "someone" washing their laundry during weird hours of the day.  Wallahu a'lam. *lari!*
There were few times when I ran passed orang-orang kampung, especially those who were chit-chatting at the coffee stalls.  You should have seen their faces when they saw me; if only I could point the camera at them.  I could only guess what was playing in their mind.  But the usual wave and salaam did their trick and carve smiles on their faces :)

The signboard at the main junction to Sungai Timun.  Apparently it's 2.5km in
The sun was about to set
Passed by a mosque.  So even if it got dark on me, I could take refuge here... so I thought
Still no sign of the jetty or river!
More road to cover.  And still no sign of the river.  Perhaps on the other side of the palm oil estate?
This was when I made the call to make a U-turn and head back.  My Nike+ showed that it was already 6:55pm.  With my lenggang-kangkung pace, I wanted to get back before sunset. Earlier, I passed this young chap who acknowledged me as I was running past him.  He said smilingly "Jalan baik-baik" (Take good care).  Ada yang tersurat tersirat ke?  Hehehe.

I was back at the main junction, when I saw this couple enjoying the time together fishing at Sungai Pedas. Syok lak tengok
Dah nak maghrib.
A FM distance to Melaka from here.
The signboard to the Kota/Chengkau/Rembau road.  Out of the four, I've only been to Pedas Hotsprings. :D
I reached home as the azan (call for prayer) was heard in the distance.  I would have gotten back even later if I had gone to the jetty.  There's always a next time, insya-Allah.

On another note, I don't know whether it was a wise move on my side to go for a jog when I was under the weather.  My nose continued to run until night time (running nose, get it? hehe).  Whatever it is, it felt great to sweat it out.

Comments

  1. The road so empty. Surely very nice if could do morning run. I like the place. Take care tsar. Get some rest. Running nose needs rest & vitamins & lots of hydration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. berlari sambil melancong ni yang best ni...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice route your kampung, diorang patut organize HM ker 15k ker kat kampung you lah bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. best lah tempat lari .. organise sendiri2 laa eheh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lubuk China!! Dulu kat sekolah berkenan dgn junior dari Lubok China tapi application kene reject, kalau tak aku jadi org kg kau ler hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Diket: Yup, must try a morning run one day. And thanks for the advice. Tapi tak leh AWOL (from running) for long time. Nanti berkarat enjin :)

    @DocJJ: you can say it was my first. Tapi part org2 kampung pandang semcm tu yg lawak (& segan) sikit :D

    @Ijam: Haha, ni tak kira melancong ni. Balik kampung je. Tapi mmg aku try nak lari2 time melancong mana2

    @ZackYui: kalau buat sini, tak de apa2 nak tgk sgt kot? lain le kalau kat Muor :)

    @kakJune: yeah, not bad. just kena pandai bagi salam, senyum2, lambai2 bila lalu dpn org2 kampung :)

    @Ziff: wohohoooo! aisey, kono rejek pulak. hehe. ado hikmah tu... mcm kalau jadi org kampung aku, tak tahan la aku kena ajak gi LSD. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment