EU trip - Day 15 - London - Out and about

I've been contemplating whether I should combine my last 2 days in London into a single post or keep them as 2 separate posts. 'Nothing much to tell' and 'not many pictures to share' were the main reasons.  Anyway, I had decided to stick to the theme and write a post for each day of my holiday.

This was the day I've allocated for last-minute shopping. And I was seriously in need for it since I haven't gotten anything for Dad. And to add to the drama, his birthday would be on the 7th.  At least I had bought a table runner for Mom with thistle motifs in Scotland, among other things.
Interesting... these statues are placed outside of a room on the 1st floor (taken when walking to Westfield)

So I headed to Westfield mall once again and I found myself browsing in the aisles at SportsDirect.com store. Did I have the perfect thing for my dad? Chelsea t-shirts! Perhaps a little bit too late for this year's season, but I do hope he'd like them, and a couple of mid-length tracksuit bottoms to go with them.
When Dad opened up the gifts when I balik kampung a few days after I got back, he laughed while saying, "Umur dah 72 tahun pun pakai baju cam ni ke?" (Does a 72-year old wear such shirts?). I told him with a smile on my face, "Why not? You can at least wear them when you're watching the games on telly." I was relieved that he was fond of them. Phewww
They only had the light blue shirts for women.  But these a're not that bad right? One is cotton and the other is the Climacool type

I went to Harrods and Oxford streets but they were too touristy for my liking so I didn't spend so much time there. Besides I had to go to Firouz's later in the afternoon. Not before dropping off the shopping bags at Azizul's.
A poster at the Tube station... Glee!

I was in fact late to meet up with Firouz.  So much so that he decided to go back to his place first.  I only arrived at the meeting point some 20 minutes later. Oops! I clearly misjudged the time the train would take to get to Canada Water station.  Sorry Firouz!  Lucky for me, it was pretty straightforward to get to his place. When I arrived, he had already started prepping for tomorrow's lunch. Waahh! He worked all the way till midnight, and even managed to cook dinner for us in between. Dasat! (Awesome!).

Where was I during all this? Well... I could very much say that I did my part by getting out of the way. ROFL! I've offered to clean up, but the dishwashing machine beat me to it. I can also put it as - the dishwashing machine made me redundant :D

Comments