EU trip - Day 6 - London

I must say that I've covered lots of grounds yesterday, thanks to Azizul. Thus, today's plan is to try to finish off the remaining places of interest in my itinerary.

My first stop of the day is the National History Museum. I never thought that I'd even step foot in a museum in London.  I didn't even plan for it until Azizul mentioned it before he left for work. Considering that I didn't have a lot in my list, I decided to give Azizul's recommendation a try.  Furthermore, entrance is free.

The building's architecture is amazing - yet to why I just have a couple of pictures of the exterior, is beyond me... 
The museum's exterior -  taken while queuing up


Anyways, the moment you enter the museum's main hall, you'd be greeted by a Diplodocus (yes, I googled it :D). The museum is indeed a popular destination for school trips. You'll bound to bump into school kids in the hallways, each equipped with pencil and workbook to complete their assignments. I can't help but to take a peep at the workbook -- they have to draw "animals that are nocturnal" and "... that live in the deep sea" for example. I stopped short at asking the teacher for an extra copy :D
Diplodocus

Charles Darwin

Taken from in front of the Giant Sequoia

The Dinosaur section was pretty cool. The animatronic T-rex for one, though smaller than the one in Petrosains KLCC, is next to the real thing.

Zoids!  I've always wanted one when I was a kid (These are there to show that dinosaurs are adopted into various subjects, e.g. toys)

That's one big boar!

The Mammals hall

Hairy frogs anyone?

The Giant Sequoia

Next door is the Science Museum. I was already on the Ground floor and walking by this big rocket but I decided to skip the whole thing because I didn't think I could do another museum today. Plus, we were blessed with another day of superb weather, so I should take advantage of it and be outdoor.

Hard Rock cafe is nearby, so I reached Green Park by bus in no time. As usual I needed to get myself a shot glass and the city pin - the two things I collect whenever I do some traveling to a city that has HRC of course. The collection is still in its infancy although 10+ years had passed because I don't travel that much. Betul ni (I'm serious).

It's worth mentioning that I had a delicious crayfish sandwich for lunch. lol! I was at EAT. and I saw the crayfish sandwich that Firouz mentioned over dinner last night. Sure enough, it was good. You can't really doubt Firouz when it comes to food :)

After lunch, I made a decision to take a closer look at Big Ben.
Big Ben and the Westminster Abbey

Another shot of Big Ben

Look at the clear blue sky!

London Eye

I then rode the Tube to St Paul's cathedral. I have nothing against St Paul's cathedral. It's beautiful and all, but it can't quite challenge the grandeur of St Peter's Basilica. Anyways, once you're there, you need to cross to the other side of the Thames on the Millennium Bridge.
St Paul's cathedral


"Knightrider Court"


The Millennium Bridge

St Paul's cathedral from the Millenium Bridge


London Shard and the Tower of London (in the far distance)

I got back on the Tube to go to St James's Park, which is where Buckingham Palace is.  The final item in the list for today...
St James's Park



Buckingham Palace

"Malay States" - I stumbled upon this pillar across the street from Buckingham Palace

The guards doing their thing

... And about time too as I was meeting up with Azizul for dinner at Westfield - a mall by Shepherd's Bush station. You'd be happy to hear that we didn't have any Malaysian food today. A Vietnamese, this time around. It's still Asian, but we made progress :D

Comments

  1. wah ada nampak Avatar tak dalam muzium tu??? orang kata ada seiras Syahsully :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm tak larat nak kata jeles hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ray: ooo, Avatar tu SyahSully tengah pakai la kot, tu yang tak de hari tu. :D

    @kak June: alah, no need to jeles2 lah. Ni cuti sekali sekala. You should go and meet your penpal & friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha the video of the t-rex was cool - i loved that ada budak-budak debating whether it's real or not. :D i went to the natural history museum in 1998 i think. yaya might like that (she likes dinosaurs) tapi takut dia takut pulak. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment