I must say this is the event that's so close to my heart. I ran the 10K in 2008, which was then sponsored by Ambank. In 2009, I moved a step closer to my marathon dream by completing my first Half. Although I've already done my first marathon in Putrajaya a few months before, I learned a lot of myself in last year's ordeal.
I entered the race with a caca-marba (lack of) training, thanks to the nagging calf pain that I picked up a couple of month before. Along with that and the past marathon experiences, I just wanted to cross that finish line within the qualifying time.
And I did in 5:23! Woohoo! It's not a PB. That still belongs to Maratona di Roma. Nonetheless, I did get my ER (event record) and an MR (malaysia record). By 4 minutes :D Of course, it wasn't before some drama. I was fine until the Pavilion (21km) and it was within my normal 21k timing - 2:24. But the sooner I got there, my right calf was hurting and I had to resort to the walk-run-and-walk-some-more strategy lol! Boy, was I glad to see the finish line :)
For the rest of my posting, I'd like to do it differently by writing down my shoutouts. And in no particular order, they are:
- Kudos! to my SIL who completed her first 10K event. It's her second race after the 5.5K Energizer Run.
- Yay! to my BIL who finished his first Half marathon, and crossed the finished line together with my sister. You guys deserve an Awwww! too
- Pergggh!! to my elder brother with a 4:02:50 scorcher!
- To my other brother and sister, You guys can certainly do it better ... with lots of training :)
- Big Muahs! to Kak June and co. (Miss M, Steve and Nik) for manning the Kedai Runcit (convenient store) at the 36th KM mark and the pick-me-after. I owe you a Mars bar and more ;) I nak belanja you guys one of these days ok tak?
- Awesome!!! to the Ultra-men and women who finished a mind-blowing 100KM at Sundown. I'm struggling for a 42'er. Heh heh heh!
- Bravo!!! to all runners, especially to the marathoners, especially the FMVs! (Full Marathon Virgins).
- Thank You! to all of the photographers who worked tirelessly throughout the day. I may not be the most photogenic or interesting subject, but I did find a few pictures of me while scouring through their albums
-- Tey
-- Kenny Foo
-- Andrew Chang
-- Snap-Attack
- Congrats! to the everyone, involved in making SCKLM 11 a very successful event. And I mean everyone... from the sponsors to the organizers, from the authorities to the volunteers and from the runners to the people who cheered by the roadsides. The last 500 meter was indeed exhilarating!
- A Shame on you! to the drivers who drove into the runners' lane. This one lady driver even mencucuk-cucuk (driving dangerously close behind ) a group of runners ahead of me.
Note: At this point of writing, I may have missed out a few shoutouts, so I may amend this blogpost later. Please bear with me
So will I join next year? If I am in good health and have been putting in training mileage, insya-Allah ;)
I entered the race with a caca-marba (lack of) training, thanks to the nagging calf pain that I picked up a couple of month before. Along with that and the past marathon experiences, I just wanted to cross that finish line within the qualifying time.
And I did in 5:23! Woohoo! It's not a PB. That still belongs to Maratona di Roma. Nonetheless, I did get my ER (event record) and an MR (malaysia record). By 4 minutes :D Of course, it wasn't before some drama. I was fine until the Pavilion (21km) and it was within my normal 21k timing - 2:24. But the sooner I got there, my right calf was hurting and I had to resort to the walk-run-and-walk-some-more strategy lol! Boy, was I glad to see the finish line :)
For the rest of my posting, I'd like to do it differently by writing down my shoutouts. And in no particular order, they are:
- Kudos! to my SIL who completed her first 10K event. It's her second race after the 5.5K Energizer Run.
- Yay! to my BIL who finished his first Half marathon, and crossed the finished line together with my sister. You guys deserve an Awwww! too
![]() |
| That's my sis and her beau |
![]() |
| The "W" is for whatever, right? :) |
- To my other brother and sister, You guys can certainly do it better ... with lots of training :)
- Big Muahs! to Kak June and co. (Miss M, Steve and Nik) for manning the Kedai Runcit (convenient store) at the 36th KM mark and the pick-me-after. I owe you a Mars bar and more ;) I nak belanja you guys one of these days ok tak?
- Awesome!!! to the Ultra-men and women who finished a mind-blowing 100KM at Sundown. I'm struggling for a 42'er. Heh heh heh!
- Bravo!!! to all runners, especially to the marathoners, especially the FMVs! (Full Marathon Virgins).
- Thank You! to all of the photographers who worked tirelessly throughout the day. I may not be the most photogenic or interesting subject, but I did find a few pictures of me while scouring through their albums
-- Tey
![]() |
| photo credit: Tey |
![]() |
| photo credit: Tey |
-- Kenny Foo
![]() |
| photo credit: Kenny |
-- Andrew Chang
![]() |
| photo credit: Andrew Chang |
| photo by: Snap-Attack |
- Congrats! to the everyone, involved in making SCKLM 11 a very successful event. And I mean everyone... from the sponsors to the organizers, from the authorities to the volunteers and from the runners to the people who cheered by the roadsides. The last 500 meter was indeed exhilarating!
- A Shame on you! to the drivers who drove into the runners' lane. This one lady driver even mencucuk-cucuk (driving dangerously close behind ) a group of runners ahead of me.
Note: At this point of writing, I may have missed out a few shoutouts, so I may amend this blogpost later. Please bear with me
So will I join next year? If I am in good health and have been putting in training mileage, insya-Allah ;)






belanja makan? never say never to food hahah.. but truly we were happy to be there lah .. seeing you again was great, lama tak jumpa kan .. wah your siblings all running, good lah ! congrats on finishing and still very very good timing tuu .. see u again soon ! take care :)
ReplyDeleteentah...power gila pulak tu timing diorang..
ReplyDeletetakpe zahrin manggis, asal take part udah le..meramaikan majlis..
penang masuk ke?
atukz, nice to see you again that morning although you refused to have a chat with me :-( pre-race ritual eh? or is it pre-race jitter? Hehehe... Takpe next time, kita borak sambil berlari maraton. See you agsinin other races, bro!
ReplyDeleteLama betul menyepi ni. Part time bisnes manggis la ni. Anyway, I have to miss all those shoutouts but hopefully will be there next year around. Congratulations for another metal into your collection bro. Hope to catch up with you someday i.e. masa belanja makan Kak June & Nik tu...hahaha
ReplyDelete@kak June: ditto! kena cari masa sesuai utk belanja kengkawan ni.
ReplyDeleteyup, just our 2 brothers je tak lari2. belum sampai seru. lol!
@ijam: aku mmg jenis meramaikan majlis.
penang tak masuk la tahun ni. lari mlm2 ok, tapi bila pikir2, route dia cam boring :)
@deo: campur sekali la pre-race jitter tu :) aku segan la ngan kome semua. aku ni dnf pun ada can. lagipun ko tengah lepak2 ngan aweks. tak mo kacau ;)
@Diket: settt! just bagitau bila & kat mana? nasi arab? sapa lagi nak ikut?
err inche, buat tarian apa tu kat gambar first tu. Panas-panas pun sempat menari.. nampak sangat dah terel..
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ooo... tu bukan sebab joget2. tgh tunjuk kaki ayam abg i tu. member dah habis lari sejam setengah dah, baru le adik dia terkedek2 nak sampai :D
ReplyDeletesaya tgh amik advise doc lah tu - kena senyum2 walaupun dlm hati sapa yg tahu ;)
keep on running!!
ReplyDeleteFuh tak trening pon 5:23!? Congrats bro! Aku suka tengok satu family berlari macam your family! Terbaekkk!
ReplyDeleteanon: insya-Allah (God willing).
ReplyDeleteZY: bagi kau, apa barang 5:23 ni. hehe. psl adik beradik aku berlari tu, i'd like to think i motivated them somehow, sebab aku lari2 dulu. of course they didn't take my slowness lah. :D