Tanjung Simpang Mengayau, Kudat, Sabah

From Kinabalu park, we stopped for prayers and late lunch in Kota Belud. We only left the town after 6 (Maghrib time), so it wasn't surprising that we only arrived at our resthouse in Kudat at half past 8.  Partly due to the road upgrade works along certain stretches.  By then it was already pitch dark that we wouldn't be able to tell we were by the beach if it wasn't for the sound of the waves breaking on the shore.

The resthouse (Tommy's Place) was not furnished with a tv, but that was fine by me.  I could do with some catching up with my sleep.  But what was I going to do with the queen and single beds when there's only one of me? :P :D

The next day, I was up for Subuh prayer at 5:30 and by 6:30, I was already in the sea :D  They have much bigger waves.  As for the water, it is clear and has a greenish tone to it.  Lagi puas! Unlike that of PD (Port Dickson).  Sure it still can't compete the island beaches, but still.
Not a great photostitching effort.  Boleh la kan?

Tommy's place

Best mandi ni

Nak la jugak kan? :)
Kids playing around on the boat

A few locals looking for mussels I believe

At low tide

Like an aquarium, minus the fishies



At 8:30 I went back to the guesthouse for some breakfast.  I reckon I was back in the waters by 9:15-9:30 with my friend and his wife and kid.  Sesi berendam sampai gelap. I was a few shades darker by the time we needed to checkout :D

Before we left for KK, we did the obligatory visit to the place tipped as the 'Tip of Borneo'.

Where, where?
Oh, there

That's the Tip

The lighthouse, where you could rent a boat to get there and do some snorkeling

The authorities (or even the guesthouse operators) could have done much better to ensure the beaches are cleaner, especially when you want to attract more visitors to the area and for them to leave with a good impression.  Lots of rubbish was being washed ashore.  They could even go the extra mile by identifying where most of the rubbish came from and then take actions from there.  Just my two cents...

Ni pun ada?

Tsk tsk tsk

Hmmmm....

Comments