US 2014 (ix): Boston and Providence

Yay, 2 more entries (including this one) and I can rest for another year. Ha ha ha. And this one will be a short one (and probably a pretty boring one too :D), because I've already seen a lot of Boston a couple of years ago; the blog entry is here.

I only stayed for 3D2N in Boston. On the first day, I arrived at Logan airport at 11am, took the Silver Line bus to Stef's workplace, had lunch with him, dropped off my bags at his office and then wandered around the city while waiting for him to finish with work. That night, I had a lovely dinner hosted by Cynthia and Stef. Zack was invited as well.

The next day, Zack accompanied me to Providence to visit my alma mater during the day. My last visit was in 2008 for our 10th reunion 6 years ago. Later that evening, I was treated by Stef and Cynthia to watch a Red Sox game at Fenway. Unfortunately Red Sox lost 4-7 to the Blue Jays. But they did have some chances, including in the bottom of the 9th when Big Papi almost hit a tying 3-run homer but the blast went foul. I still had a great time despite the loss ;)

Stef, Cynthia & Zack, it was great seeing you guys again. Thanks for everything!

Hope you guys will enjoy these pictures...

Providence...
The Van Wickle Gates

The Main Green


SciLi (Science Library)

Oh they have a Johnny Rockets now on Thayer Street


Perkins Hall - my freshman year dorm

Barbour Hall - my dorm for sophomore (2nd) year

Hegeman Hall - stayed here for junior (3rd) year

Downtown Providence

The old downtown skyline

Boston...

Mayor Kevin White's statue near Faneuil Hall

Faneuil Hall

Quincy Market - like the sign says :)

Inside Quincy Market

The new addition









Big Papi in action

It was the Commemorative Ring Night at Fenway

Comments

Post a Comment