US 2014 (v): Seattle (I) - The Museum of Flight

I actually spent a night over at Gene and Em’s house in Davis on my way to Seattle. 2 years ago, Em was pregnant with Baby Hugo, so I wanted to make a point to visit them especially to meet the new addition in the family, even though for one night. They too have a cat (named Tang). Sila joked that my vacation was all about cats and babies :D. I ain't complaining :)
We had to wait for the sun to help clear out the fog

Cool art display at Sacramento's baggage claim

Such a cute family

The camera couldn't show how big and solid Tang is

While the US is all about my “homecoming” vacation, I want to at least visit one place that I haven’t been to. I actually had an initial idea of running the Vancouver Marathon (also on the May 4th) and see what the city has to offer (I hear it’s gorgeous), then go to Seattle and Portland/Oregon. Sila’s Pacific Northwest entries really intrigued me when I first read them. Alas, the marathon entry fee had skyrocketed when I was working my plans out and I would need to fork out another CAD150 for the visa. Oh well, next time then? For this trip, I allocated 3 nights in Seattle.
I call this home for a few nights :)

Fully equipped kitchen, including a stove and dishwasher, which I didn't fully utilize :)

Menus for the :welcome home reception" light meal served from 5-7pm. Nice touch!

I purchased the Seattle City Pass because of the excellent choices it gives out:
- Space Needle: 2 visits
- Seattle Aquarium
- Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour
- EMP Museum or Woodland Park Zoo
- Pacific Science Center or The Museum of Flight

I love planes so I chose The Museum of Flight over the Pacific Science Center. I took sooo many pictures that I had to dedicate this entry for the museum visit. I had a hard time to narrow down the pictures for this entry :) The rest of the pictures are in my Flickr album.

After breakfast, I took the Kings Metro Bus #24 that dropped me off on the street across the museum. I hope you guys won't mind if I let the pictures do the rest of the talking. I did say I love planes, but not to the point where I could blurt out their names and their detailed specs :$
A not-so-bad panoramic photo on my mobile

Mount Rainier in the distance

Awesome



After seeing this picture, I forgot to check the planes outside of the building












A replica of the Sputnik


Inside the Red Barn


I would love to have these collections at home! :)
The "Big Stud"

Big Stud.  I'm referring to the plane of course :D







I love these planes when I was a kid because my dad got me hooked into the 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' tv series







An interesting livery



The First B737

Air Force One
Inside the Air Force One. Check out the bunk bed

"Fake Temperature Switch"?

The Concorde


Inside the Concorde





The Red Barn

Comments

  1. macam ade helikopter nuri je...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu helikopter pakai masa perang vietnam rasanya. TQ dtg nuzli ke teratak hamba yg usang ni :)

      Delete
  2. banyaknya planes...but not what we're looking for in hindi ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup mmg banyak!
      as for the more important plane... and it's been more than 100 days! :(

      Delete
  3. cool stuff zarin! i never made it to the museum of flight dulu. neither vin nor i were too into planes. maybe when the kids are older we'll make the trip again for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think the Pacific Science Center would be more appealing to you guys and your kids. Well I would've gone if I have an extra day because they do have some cool exhibits and the real IMAX. :)

      roadtrip!!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment