US 2014 (vi): Seattle (II) - The Space Needle, EMP Museum, Aquarium and Harbor Tour

After the Museum of Flight visit, I took the monorail to the Space Needle for my CityPass visit #1. I came back the next day before the sun set for visit #2. So these are the picture that were snapped on both days.
In the monorail

There it is. The Space Needle
Lake Union

Puget Sound. Can you spot the cruise ship docked in one of the piers?

Downtown Seattle. Clear skies!

Another shot of the city and Mount Rainier in the distance

Giant spiders!

Taken from  inside of the Observation Deck


At the base

The sun was about to set



The Pacific Science Center



Chihuly Garden and Glass, from the outside because I didn't go in :)
The EMP Museum was just next door to the Space Needle, but I only managed to do a quick 30-minute tour before it closed at 5pm; it was still following the Winter hours. The lady at the door was so kind to give me a free pass should I want to come back the next day. Due to insufficient time I didn't return.

I had to give the “Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses” exhibit and the Sound Lab a miss. The latter was because I am so musically-challenged :D


I really liked the Horror Film and Science Fiction exhibits.
The EMP Museum from above
Another building designed by Frank Gehrig

The guitar tower


Say Cheeeeese

Exterminate! Exterminate!

As I was typing out this entry, the Matrix was being shown on HBO





Can you guess which movie this was from?







Blair Witch Project gave me the goosebumps when I first watched it at dusk time











That's one big LED screen

That night, I went to see the Neighbors movie. OMG, the whole audience was cracking up throughout the movie! What a movie to end the day! :’D


The following day, I made a quick stop at the Pike Place market on the way to the Seattle Aquarium. No fish throwing scene to be found at the market. Probably I was late for that or I was in the wrong section :). No biggie.
The original Starbucks
Pike Place Market

Rachel the Pig






The Aquarium is situated on Pier 59. It's an OK-size aquarium.


Has anyone tried urchins before?

The current in the circular tube moves counter clockwise



It's a trap, buddy!

'Siku' in Malay means 'Elbow'

Otters

Window on Washington Waters. Water is pumped in and out of the exhibit

Time to feed the octopuses
This one was pretty hungry... :)

As for lunch, I had it at a nearby restaurant. Just next to the Ferris Wheel.


A very good lunch. And a nice portion too


The harbor tour lasted an hour where we circled the Elliot Bay. We didn’t venture far away from Seattle but just enough to get the best shots of the Seattle skyline. We’ve been blessed with awesome weather that we could see Mount Rainier in the distance. In fact, I didn’t see a single drop of rain throughout my stay in Seattle. And I came prepared with an umbrella :D






CenturyLink Field and Safeco Field

Mount Rainier

The Starbucks HQ
The Icebreakers



And we're back

Okay, that's it for Seattle. I'll move on the next entry soon. I kind of want to complete the series before Ramadhan comes

Comments